Annapurna Helicopter Tours from Pokhara
Annapurna Helicopter Tours from Pokhara is the perfect holiday for people who have a very short time and want to explore the Himalayan views. It is also the most popular helicopter tour in Nepal & Annapurna region.
Annapurna region is located in Northcentral Nepal bounded by Marshyangdi River on the east and north, Kali Gandaki Gorge on the west, and beautiful Pokhara valley in the south. This tour includes Annapurna I and other mountains above 6000M.
This region is generous in its nature, culture and diversity, with great Himalayan scenery of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Annapurna south, Mt. Dhaulagiri and other peaks. This is one of the best regions of Nepal which is renowned for trekking.
The major highlight of this Annapurna Helicopter Tour is Pokhara valley, Ganesh Himal, Dhaulagiri, Langtang Himal, Jugal Himal, Annapurna Range, etc.
The Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara city leads us to flying over the beautiful landscapes, traditional villages towards the Annapurna region. You can see the breathtaking views of the Himalayas during our flight to Annapurna. Similarly, Dhampus Peak, mount Nilgiri, and Mount Dhaulagiri can also be seen in the deep Kali Gandaki valley during our flying back from the Annapurna region.
Highlights of Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
- View of the world's 7th highest peak Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), 8th highest peak Mt. Manasalu (8,163 m) and 10th highest peak Mt. Annapurna-I (8,091 m).
- Land at Annapurna Base Camp to enjoy the summit view of Mt. Annapurna-I, Mt. Himchuli Mt. Annapurna South, and Mt. Fishtail with several snow-capped peaks.
- Exploring the natural beauty and the great Himalayas of the western part of Nepal.
- Top view of Pokhara Valley as well as witnessing the top view of Phewa Lake, a variety of topography and geography of Nepal.
- Alluring mountain views of Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri ranges, and Manasalu ranges.
Detailed Itinerary for Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
Starting from scenic Pokhara you will depart from respective hotels early morning by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. Depending upon the season and weather of Pokhara airport you will leave for panoramic Chopper flight to Annapurna.
As Heli takes off into the clear blue sky heading north, the Annapurna base camp of mere 45 k.m. air journey continues. Leading higher above the verdant valley of Pokhara you can explore the city with lovely farm villages and the neat tended row of terraced fields.
The ride then passes the gorge of the Modi River as you enter into beautiful and picturesque Annapurna Sanctuary. Then you land at the base camp where you can enjoy your cup of warm coffee. You can explore incredible views of Annapurna Himalaya and its range of peaks that surround you at Annapurna Base Camp at the height of above 4,130 m high. After enjoying a refreshment at leisure with mountains you will head down towards Machapuchare(only fly over on the way) located at 3,700 m.
Then a short air journey brings you back to scenic Pokhara. You will enjoy the panorama of mountains heading back to Pokhara. Your journey ends as you get back to your respective hotels by the Phewa Lake with adventure and thrills of Annapurna Helicopter Tour.
Best Time for Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
You can fly to Annapurna region by helicopter all around the year. Yet, people who have been there recommends to avoid the tour during monsoon season. You can witness heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and massive clouds during mid-June and by mid-September. Weather in the mountains during this season is unpredictable and causes difficulty in flying. The dense fog and clouds obstructing the views will make your tour unfavorable.
March to May is the best month to take Annapurna Base Camp helicopter tour . The Weather during this time is warm, and forests come to full bloom with rhododendron flower. You can explore the beauty of hills and forests in the region turn red and pink with wildflowers.
You can also go on a helicopter tor during winters i.e from December & January. But due to heavy snowfall, there might be chances of flight getting canceled. So one must be very careful if you go for the helicopter tour in winter.
Annapurna Helicopter Tour Cost from Pokhara
The tour cost from Pokhara starts at USD 500 per person if you join the group. But, the price ranges from USD 2000 to USD 2500 if you want to fly alone in a chartered helicopter. You can fly individually with a pilot if you wish to fly alone and enjoy everything without other traveler’s disturbance.
You can always join any group to save some costs as going on a solo Annapurna Helicopter tour might cost a bit higher for you.
- Pick up and drop from the hotel: The company will send someone to pick you up from your hotel before the flight and drop you back after the trip.
- Annapurna conservation area entry fees: We will cover all your entry fees to the conservation area to make your trip hassle-free.
- Helicopter flight to Annapurna Base Camp and back to Pokhara: The costs include chartered flight to ABC and back to Pokhara.
- Airport taxes: All airport taxes are inclusive in the cost you pay for the ABC Helicopter tour.
- All government and local taxes: The Helicopter tour company pays all the charges.
- Services charges: All the service charges are inclusive in your cost.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottles are available in the helicopter for an emergency.
- Have Breakfast at Annapurna Base Camp: After a scenic flight You will get to enjoy a warm treat on the lap of Annapurna ranges which is inclusive in the price you pay for this tour
- Your meals and drinks
- Visa fees that are required to visit Nepal
- International Airfare tickets are not included
- All your personal and Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses like shopping, beverages, etc
- Tip to guide or other staffs
Which Helicopter is taken for Annapurna Helicopter Tour?
There are two types of helicopters operating at present in private sectors: AS 350 B series of helicopters are top-rated all over the world. They are manufactured by a Euro copter located in France. It is suitable for mountain flying and regarded as one of the most versatile helicopters used in all types of helicopter missions. The features of these helicopters are:
The second type is the mighty Russian made MI-17. It is a big bird, capable of transporting 22 passengers or four tons of cargo. MI-17's are known to land at Annapurna Base Camp as it can reach altitudes well over 5000 m. These helicopters are usually charter for bigger groups or large cargo as they offer excellent utility and reliability under extreme conditions.
- Fail-Safe Design - It has comfortable Seating Arrangements. There are five seats in the helicopter excluding Pilot. It is suitable for all types of helicopter missions. It can also fly up to an altitude of above 5,500 m and 18,000 feet high.
- A Rescue Evacuation operation around Nepal Himalaya as well for ferrying cargo for expeditions and relief operation can be held. The pilgrimage Heli Tour to Damodarkund-Muktinath and Gosainkunda and much more can also be held.
Safety Information for Annapurna Helicopter Tour
- Do not hurry to enter or exit. Always allow some space to land the chopper from the air to the ground.
- You should also maintain enough space with the chopper as well as the rotor blades.
- Always approach from the front so that the pilot could see you while entering and exiting.
- Follow the safety rules that are given to you by your Pilot.
- Wait for the pilot’s signal/instruction before you enter and exit the aircraft.
- You should always walk in a low crouch position while the chopper is around.
- Do not forget to wear a seatbelt, headset and always stay communicated with the pilot.
Permits for Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara
You will need an Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit along with a TIMS card since you will fly over the Annapurna Conservation Area. The cost of these permits are included in your tour package. We will arrange these permits for you before your tour. You should forward a copy of your valid passport and two passport-sized photographs if necessary after the tour.
What is the duration of the ride from Pokhara to Annapurna base camp?
It takes not more than half an hour or less, depending upon the pilot's decision and weather if you start straight-away without stops.
Distance covered from Pokhara to Annapurna base camp?
The air distance straight to Annapurna base camp from Pokhara is less than 40 k.m. or approx: 35 k.m.
How many pilots are there in the helicopter?
Typically with two captains (lead pilot) and co-pilot seated next to each other depending on the altitude. Sometimes only one pilot flies where some passengers can seat in the front to enjoy more views during the flight.
Do we stop at Annapurna Base Camp?
Yes, we stop at Annapurna base camp and enjoy warm breakfast and other refreshments overlooking amazing views of the surrounding high mountains.
For how long do we stop at Annapurna Base Camp?
On a bright, beautiful morning, the stop is around an hour, where heavy wind current might affect the flight. However, the duration of stops depends upon pilot and weather-wise and snow level on landing spot at Annapurna Base Camp.
What is the height of Annapurna base camp and main Annapurna peaks?
At the height of 4,130 m, Annapurna base camp is located just beneath towering East Face of central Mt. Annapurna I at 8,091 m and 26,545 ft high.
Where do we land? On route base camp or return flight?
Captain decisions are landing on some beautiful big villages, but it depends on the weather. The main focus of land is where travelers can observe the local culture of the town, which will make the trip more interesting to get a glimpse of local native Gurung traditional life.
For how long do we stop at the village?
The helicopter might stop for less than an hour for interested people. You can enjoy interacting with local Gurung people the leading tribe of Annapurna Himalaya. You can also have an interaction with Buddhism religion and fascinating culture, and with a short walk around the village to catch more of the local culture.
Note: This is a full itinerary of Annapurna Helicopter Tour from Pokhara designed for you to make your trek easy. You can customize your trek according to the places you want to visit. Nepal Guide trekking provides you with a complete plan of your trek and organizes a hassle-free trip. For further inquiries, you can visit our website.
Our Special Trips
- Everest Base Camp Trekking (Private Trek) - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 10 Days
- Everest View Trek - 8 Days
- Everest Base Camp Kala Pattar Trek - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 13 Days
- Kathmandu Nagarkot Private Day Tour - 1 Day
- Kathmandu Valley View & Cultural Trekking - 6 Days
- Similar Tibet Culture and Langtang Valley Trekking - 12 Days
9 Nov, 2023
10 Best Waterfalls Near Kathmandu
Annapurna Helicopter Tours from Pokhara is the perfect holiday for people...
8 Nov, 2023
How Do You Prepare for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Annapurna Helicopter Tours from Pokhara is the perfect holiday for people...