Everest View Trek is a short trek that offers you great views of the Mount Everest (8848m) along with the other Himalayas in the Everest region. The trek allows you to relish the unique Sherpa culture while trekking through the Sagarmatha National Park.
Also, mountains like Ama Dablam (6856m), Kongde Ri (6187m), and Nuptse (7861m) will offer beautiful views on the trip. In addition, you’ll also visit the world heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley.
Trip Highlights of the Everest View Trek:
- This a short version of the treks in the Everest region that takes you up to the famous Namche Bazaar.
- Witness the sublime views of the Mt. Everest (8848m), Ama Dablam (6856m), and Thamserku (6608m).
- Trek through the Sagarmatha National Park which is also a natural UNESCO world heritage site.
- Sightseeing inside the Kathmandu valley for a day and get to visit the world heritage sites.
Overview of the Everest View Trek – 8 Days
Firstly, you start your 8 Days Everest View Trek with sightseeing inside the valley. You’ll visit Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and durbar squares in Kathmandu and Patan. Next, you take a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
The flight is also filled with scenic vistas of the Everest Himalayas. From Lukla, you embark on a journey towards Phakding. Further, you walk along the Dudh Koshi River and enter the Sagarmatha National Park.
Next, you continue trekking north and reach Namche Bazaar. Further, the next morning, you hike to the Everest View Hotel. Here, you can enjoy the sunrise and the panoramic view of the Mt. Everest (8848m) and its neighboring mountains.
Then, you can visit Khumjung and Khunde villages to observe the lifestyle and culture of the brave Sherpas. The very next day, you retrace your path to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu.
March to May during spring and September to November during autumn are the best times for the Everest View Trek. Moreover, it is a short and easy trek. So, even children and elder people can easily do the trek.
At Trekking Guide Team, we serve you with everything you’ll need on your trips in Nepal. We provide you with experienced guides and porters. Also, we provide you the option to modify the trip according to your preferences.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport pick up to hotel, Overnight at Kathmandu.
You will land at Kathmandu airport, a representative from Trekking Guide Team Adventure will welcome as s/he will be waiting for you with a play card. Then you will be transferred to the hotel. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley (Swayambhunath and Boudhanath, Pashupatinath Temple &Patan durbar square and overnight at Kathmandu.) (B)
On this day, we will have striking sightseeing travel around to a number of the historical as well as cultural sets listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You will visit Swayambhunath (Monkey temple) set on the hill which can display the views of Kathmandu City.
Plus, you will also walk around Boudhanath, one of the largest stupas on the earth where the set is loaded with the hymns of a lot of monks.
Likewise, we can visit Pashupatinath temple, a well-known Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. One can also notice the cremation area beside the holy Bagmati river.
Visiting Patan Durbar Square will present a hypnotic effect through its beautiful art and architecture. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly to Kathmandu to Lukla trek to Phakding 5hr( alt 2610m). Over Night at Tea House.( B.L.D)
At 4:30 Am, you can have a cup of tea and ask the hotel for your packing breakfast and be ready by 5 Am at Hotel lobby, our car will drop you to the airport for your Lukla flight.
Today we will take a wonderful flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m). After 40 minutes, we will land in a runway and our caretaker will help us carry our belongings. Then we will walk down to the Dudh Koshi River, where we connect with the main path to Namche Bazaar.
After moving all the way through the small area of Ghat (2550m), we will soon arrive at our tea house at Phakding. Overnight at Tea House.
Note: The weather in Lukla is unpredictable and always changing. Sometimes due to bad weather, sometimes the flight may be delayed or cancelled. If the flight is cancelled, you will have to return back to the hotel.
The transportation back to the hotel and accommodation on this night is not included. You will have to pay additional for this yourself. If the weather is clear next day, you will get either 3rd or 4th flight to Lukla.
If still, the weather is not clear, there will be an option for helicopter flight also. The cost for helicopter flight is not fixed. It will be quoted by the airlines on the same day. The airlines will use your flight ticket plus, you will have to pay additional approx 150 to 200 USD.
The total cost for helicopter flight is 300 USD approx. You will have to pay additional 150 USD combining your Lukla flight ticket. The weather problem is rare, it only happens sometimes.
But you need to know this information in case the weather goes bad. This does not happens all the time, this is only a important information you need to know.
Day 04: Hiking up to Namche bazaar 5hr (3440m.). Overnight at Tea House. (B/L/D)
On this day, we will walk to Namche Bazaar from Phakding which takes approximately five hours. On the way, we will traverse the Dudh Koshi river and then go by the wooded area filled with blue pine and rhododendron trees.
After that, we will traverse the Dudh Koshi River again at Benkar and here the stunning peak panorama of Kusum Kanguru (6369m), Thamserku (6623m), etc. will captivate you. Also, we will move transversely a suspension bridge to arrive at Namche Bazaar.
At Namche Bazaar, we get the most remarkable vivid opportunities of massive peaks -Everest, AmaDablam, Tawoche, Lhotse, Nuptse is visible. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 05: Rest day Namche Bazaar explore Hiking up to Everest view hotel to see Mt: Everest View (alt 8848m) & Ama Dablam ( 6856m), Thamserku ( alt 6608m). Overnight at Tea House. (B/L/D)
We will on this day rest in Namche Bazaar to get properly acclimatized with the setting at high altitude. According to health experts, acclimatization days during the trek is a must to avoid altitude sickness.
Namche actually is a prosperous village located in a great out-of-the-way concave that will give you a spectacular experience. So, here you will have a lot of things to see.
We will hike up to Everest View Hotel from where, the remarkable scenes of the Khumbu peaks like Thamserku (6608m), Ama Dablam ( 6856m) and Mt Everest will captivate you. Plus, we will wander to Thami (3810m) over the glorious Bhote Khola River Valley. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 06: Trek to Lukla 5hr alt (2840m). Overnight at Tea House. (B/L/D)
We will arrive at Lukla taking approximately 5 hours. Lukla is set at the altitude of 2840m. At Lukla we will rejoice the end of our trek. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 07: Early in the Morning fly to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu Hotel. (B)
Early in the morning, we will fly to Kathmandu to experience the same scenic views of flying over the gigantic Himalayas. After that, we will move to our hotel in Kathmandu. Rest of the day you can explore around Kathmandu if any remaining or you may go for shopping. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 08: Morning Breakfast. Departure transfer to Kathmandu Airport. (B)
Today is the last day in Nepal. Our representative will help you to drive to the airport for the departure hoping to see you again.
Trip information about Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight
The Everest trek includes a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Sometimes the weather of Lukla becomes bad, at which time the flight cannot take place. So, in this case, there may be a delay or cancel of the flights.
You will have to be prepared for this. This does not always happen but may sometimes happen depending on the weather condition. The weather of Lukla is unpredictable, that’s why.
We recommend you to have a few more days after the trek incase the flight is delayed or canceled. If you have a tight schedule, it will be hard to manage your return flight. So, even the trip days 8 days, we recommend you to have 2 to 3 extra days.
If the flight does not happen for 2 to 3 days, then we will divert you to Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Kathmandu to Pokhara flight for your benefit.
We also recommend you to have an extra budget for helicopter charter to return back from Lukla to Kathmandu. The helicopter cost is 3500 USD charter flight. It will be approx 500 USD per person which is pay us cash or credit card.
- Airport Pick up and Drops by car/van/bus.
- 3 Night’s Standard Accommodation in Kathmandu twin sharing basis with breakfast(on the arrival day and after the Trekking).
- Your Meal (Breakfast. Lunch, dinner) During the Trekking.
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Domestic Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/Tea Houses During the Treks. run by Nepalese family.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) . National Park Entry Permits
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Porter, Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- All Transportation .
- Government tax and our service charge
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos, $30 USD per person .
- Your personal Travel insurance. Covers helicopter rescue, medical bill
- Your Personal Equipment for Trekking. (Sleeping bag(-15), down jacket, Trekking shoes, sun glass, sunscreen, Gloves, trekking stick.
- International Airfare and Airport Departure tax.
- Your all meal Lunch & Dinner while you stay in Kathmandu.
- Local Government tax of 20 USD per person to be paid in Lukla counter directly.
- In the Lukla flight, the luggage of 12 kg is only included. If you have extra baggage, You will have to pay extra per kg Rs 100
- If there is early arrival or late departure other than the trek date, and If you are back to Kathmandu early from the trek due to any problem or rescue, the extra accommodation is not included,
- Your trip includes only one time airport transfer to and by lukla. If you have to return back to hotel again and again go to lukla airport because of weather problem, it will be your additional pay.
- Your personal expenses, personal hygiene.
- All the Alcoholic and non Alcoholic Drinks. (Tea, Coffee, Mineral Water, hot water)
- Sweet things like Chocolate and desert.
- Hot Shower and laundry during the Trekking.
- Tips for the Guide and Porter as per your interest, how you are happy with them
- Kathmandu sightseeing entry permit .(USD$26)
- WIFI, internet, phone calls, battery charging.
Trip booking information
Please send you flight details arrival Kathmandu airport, passport photocopy attached by email and deposit 25% trip advance money in our bank account , rest of the money when you arrive in Kathmandu pay us before trekking departure.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure