7 days Everest Base Camp Heli Trip and Trek takes you into the Khumbu region in the north-east part from Kathmandu. This package is especially meant for those who want to trek and have the bird’s eye view of the Everest Region and don’t have many days for trekking or don’t want to do long treks.
Go around the Most Popular Trekking Area in the world – Everest. Apart from the majestic views of the gigantic peaks, you will also explore Sherpa settlements and see the Sherpa culture.
Overview of the Everest Base Camp Heli Trip
We will begin 7 days Everest Base camp Heli Trip from Kathmandu airport taking a Helicopter flight to Syanboche airport. Then start your trekking to Everest Base Camp by hiking to Tengboche set at the altitude of 3860m.
Plus, trekking to Lobuche, the amazing views of Pumori (7145m), Changtse (7550m), will allure you. Walking further on from Lobuche, we will hike to Gorakshep (5140m) and walk beside the Khumbu Glacier to reach Everest Base Camp which at an altitude of 5360m which is the foot of the tallest mountain on the earth- Mt Everest.
Moreover, we will trek ahead from Gorakshep to Kalapathhar located at the altitude of 5550m. The magnificent mountain views of Pumori (7,145m), Khumbutse (6,623m), Lingtren (6,697m), etc will greet us. Finally, return by taking Helicopter flight back to Kathmandu. Finally, return by taking Helicopter flight back to Kathmandu.
In 7 days Everest Base Camp Heli trip you will take a Helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Syangboche Airport and start your trekking from there. You will get to travel around Khumjung Village on the way and see the Sherpa culture and lifestyle.
During this trip, you will be able to grab an exclusive panoramic view of the mountains from Everest View Hotel, take a relaxed hike to Tengboche Monastery, Kalapatthar and famous Khumbu Ice Fall.
From this place, you will be flown back to Kathmandu in Helicopter during which you can see the Himalayas and Everest just at the stone’s throw. This trip will take you to a total of 7 days.
Contact us for Customized Everest Helicopter Tour Package in Nepal
7 days Everest Base Camp Heli Trip designed by Trekking Guide Team Adventure is an easier alternative to experience the wonder of the Everest region. During the trek, we will explore Sherpa culture in Khumjung Village, Buddhist traditions. You will explore the rural lifestyle of the Himalayas in Nepal, walking to Sagarmatha National park.
The trip is short but will be very memorable with relaxed trekking experiences. During this trekking, you can have a close look at the people in Sherpa community on the lap of Mount Everest, culture and lifestyle, many Buddhist monasteries and Stupas reflecting the Nepali and Tibetan art and sculptures.
On your trip back to Kathmandu, you will get to observe the Himalayas from a helicopter which will take you closest to them. This trip will take a total of 07 days to complete.
Duration: 7 Days
Start Point: Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
Group Size: Minimum 1 person and maximum of 4 people
Day 01: Take a Helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Syanboche airport (Everest View hotel) overnight stay at there.
Today we will take a helicopter flight to Syanboche. And the amazing scene visible from here includes a superb panorama of the Khumbu peaks and great views of Everest. Overnight at Everest view hotel.
Day 02: Hiking up to Tengboche 5hr (3860m). Overnight at Tea House.
We will move down on this day through the Khumjung area and move to the major path to Everest at Shanasa. We will walk further to Trashinga and then move down to go across the Dudh Koshi at Phunkitenga (3250m).
In the daytime, it is a wide and vertical ascend through fir, black juniper, pine, rhododendron forest and reach Tengboche Monastery. Here we can see gigantic peaks AmaDablam, Kantega, Mount Everest, etc. We will be walking for around 5 hours today. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 03: Hiking up to Dingboche 5hr (alt 4410m). Overnight at Tea House.
On this day, we will walk down all the way through the forest of birch, juniper, fir, and rhododendron at Debouche. Here we only walk steady way up due to the elevation. We have to speed ourselves increasingly all the way through the day.
After passing the Imja Khola, the trail heads to Pangboche. Here we can see the beautiful mountain of Ama Dablam. Then our route is to climb all the way through unwrapped alpine hillsides prior. Crossing another path of the Imja Khola and reach Dingboche. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 04: Rest day Dingboche (Option: if you are interested, you can go for Hiking up to Chukung Valley, this is not compulsory. It depends on you whether you want to do it or not.) Overnight at Tea House.
Today, we have one more day to rest at Dingboche which lies at an altitude of 4300m. We need to get accustomed to the high elevation, so we don’t go for further ascend today.
Optionally, we can go for hiking in Chhukung Valley, this is not compulsory. It depends on you whether you want to do it or not. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 05: Hiking up to Lobuche 5hr (alt 4910m). Overnight at Tea House.
Today, leaving Dingboche the track goes up to the drain of the Khumbu. Then after an hour the path mounts up to the Khumbu Glacier. Almost half of the climb to the moraine is Dughla.
Moving ahead from Dughla the trail keeps on ascending steeply to the crest of the moraine. The path now moves on a flat level on the west part of the moraine prior to arriving at Lobuche. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 06: Hiking up to Gorakshep 3hr (5140m) and trek to Everest base (alt 5380m) see the Khumbu Glacier. Overnight at Tea House.
Today is the most demanding and significant day of the entire trek. We will walk all along the Khumbu Glacier to reach up to Everest Base Camp (5360m) which is considered to be the nearest place you can get to observe Mt. Everest without mountaineering equipment.
The vista of the Khumbu Icefall from Base Camp is fabulous. A firm way up permits us to put up the slow, sound pace essential when walking at high altitude. When we reach the moraines of Changri Nup Glacier, we make a chain of small up and down trekking. It is over a shaky track lined with cairns that takes us to the unpredicted glacial sands of Gorak Shep (5160m).
And, we head off to the Everest Base Camp. We then return back to Gorak Shep for staying overnight. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 07: Early in the morning Hiking up to Kalapatther (5550m) which excellent viewpoint of the Everest region from there we will see in front of Mt: Everest & Pumo- Ri). Overnight at Kathmandu.
We will walk up to Kalapattar early in the morning. We can observe the peaks of Pumori (7,145m), Khumbutse (6,623m), Lingtren (6,697m) and more. The mountains divide Nepal from Tibet and just above the Lho La pass, we can see the huge face of Changtse (7,750m) and Mt Everest (8,848 m).
And then return back to Kathmandu Via Helicopter. Overnight at Kathmandu.
- Pickup and drop at hotel.
- All accommodations in lodges/Tea Houses During the Treks run by Nepalese family .twin sharing
- Airport tax.
- National park entrance fee.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) . National Park Entry Permits
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples; if you are only 1 people, not including porter, you have pay additional charge $150 USD for porter).
- One skilled English speaking guide and Porter.
- Your main course Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trekking.
- All Transportation.
- 2 Night’s Standard Accommodation 3 star hotel in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the Trekking). Hotel Thamel or similar category.
- Kathmandu to Syangboche and Everest Base Camp to Kathmandu Helicopter Trip
- Lukla government tax 20 USD per person. You can pay this directly at Lukla.
- Your personal Travel insurance. Covers helicopter rescue, medical bill.
- Your Personal Equipment for Trekking. (Sleeping bag(-15), down jacket, Trekking shoes, sun glass, sunscreen, Gloves, trekking stick.
- In the Lukla flight, the luggage of 12 kg is only included. If you have extra baggage, You will have to pay extra per kg Rs 100.
- If there is early arrival or late departure other than the trek date, and If you are back to Kathmandu early from the trek due to any problem or rescue, the extra accommodation is not included.
- Your trip includes only one time airport transfer to and by lukla. If you have to return back to hotel again and again go to lukla airport because of weather problem, it will be your additional pay.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the Alcoholic and non-Alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- All that are not mentioned in cost include
Required documents for the trek.
- Valid passport, airline tickets.
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport)
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash to exchange into Nepalese currency for purchasing goods, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler’s checks, etc.
- 3 PP size pictures to issue permit.
- High altitude Insurance.
Day 01: Take a Helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Syanboche airport (Everest View hotel) overnight stay at there.
Day 02: Hiking up to Tengboche 5hr (alt 3860m) over Night at Tea house.
Day 03: Hiking up to Dingboche 5hr (alt 4410m) over night at tea house.
Day 04: Rest day Dingboche Hiking up to chhukhung Ri (alt 5550m) back to Dingboche over Night at tea house.
Day 05: Hiking up to Lobuche 5hr (alt 4910m) over night at tea house.
Day 06: Hiking up to Gorakshep 3hr alt(5140m) and trek to Everest base (alt 5380m) see the khumbu Glacier & over Night at Gorakshep.
Day 07: Early in the morning Hiking up to Kalapatther alt(5550m) which excellent view point of the Everest region from there we will see in front of Mt: Everest & Pumo- Ri. & after that take a Helicopter Flight back to Kathmandu over night at Kathmandu hotel.
Tenhboche is a village in Khumjung in the Khumbu region of northeastern Nepal at the altitude of 3,867 m. The village contains an important Buddhist monastery, Tengboche Monastery, which is the largest gompa in the Khumbu region. Tengboche Monastery was built in 1923. Tenzing Norgay, the first man to reach the summit of Mount Everest with Sir Edmund Hillary, was born in the area in the village of Thani and was once sent to Tengboche Monastery to be a monk. Tengboche has a panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains including peaks of Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku.
Syangboche lies at the lap of Khumbila and on the top of Namche Bazaar. Syanboche has worlds hiegthe airport of World located at the highest altitude lies at Syangboche. Helicopter and Pilatus Porter Flight services operate regularly to and from this place. Syangboche has a very clear view of Mount Everest that lies in the midst of towering Himalayan ranges. Rivers like Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi are present in land scape. The mountains like Mount Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Tawache, Khumbila, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kusum Kangaru, Tashi Lhaptsa, Nangbala, etc are visible from syanbhoche. Each Sherpa village scattered in Syangboche area can be reached by walking forf one hour from Syangboche. Sherpas have their own unique traditional and culture and have various festivals during summer season. One may visit these villages during summer season to learn about their culture traditions and religion.
Services from company during the trek.
Our company’s representatives will make pick up and drop from and at airport. We will also organize a private car or private van for your site seeing in Kathmandu. Your helicopter trip from Kalapatthar to Kathmandu.
Trekking guide team adventure has very skilled staffs. Our driver is very skilled and experienced is always on time for pick up and drop. The guides we have are all very experienced and have been working in this field for more than 10 years. They can speak English are well experienced enough to handle any types of situation that might arise during the trek. Our staffs are all well-mannered and are friendly.
The accommodation for your visit to Nepal will depend on where you are during your visit. During your stay in Kathmandu we provide Hotel Thamel or similar category hotel for stay. Your stay during the trek will be in local tea houses. These tea houses are equipped with comfortable bed, hot water shower and internet access.
Required equipment for the trek
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A warm sleeping bag cable of keeping you warm in temperature -15 degree.
- Trekking shoes
- Torch light
- Trekking stick
Since this trek will take you to the high altitude area, the climate during the morning and night will be cold. So you will have to carry warm clothes. The recommended cloths for the trek are:
For Upper body:
- Head scarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- Warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof with breathable fabric jacket
- Down vest
- Jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens, consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched with a very warm polar-fleece mitt liner (seasonal)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, broken in)
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, low ankle high version
Things you need to prepare for Heli trip:
- Warm wind proof jackets and warm clothing
- Goggles and sunglasses that provide100 % UV rays protection
- Sun Screen Cream 20 or higher protection.
- Camera, External storage memory for your camera.
You will have to carry some medicine for headache, fever, handi plast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc. as there might not be medical shops in the middle of the trekking route.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure