10 Days Everest Heli Trip and Trek takes you into the Khumbu region in the north-east part from Kathmandu. This package is especially meant for those who want to trek and have the birds-eye view of the Everest region.
Go around the most popular trekking area in the world–Everest. Apart from the majestic views of the gigantic peaks, you will also explore around Sherpa settlements and see the Sherpa culture.
Overview of the Everest Heli Trip and Trek – 10 Days
We will begin our 10 days Everest Heli Trip and Trek from Kathmandu airport taking a domestic airplane flight to Lukla. Then start your trekking to Everest Base Camp by trekking down to the Dudh Koshi River.
Trekking further on we will arrive at Phakding situated at the altitude of 2610m. On the way to Namche Bazaar, we will traverse Dudh Koshi River and then go by the forested area full of blue pine and rhododendron trees.
As we reach Namche Bazaar, we will get the most vivid opportunities to see massive peaks–Everest, Ama Dablam, Tawoche, Lhotse, Nuptse is visible. We will also rest in Namche Bazaar to get properly become accustomed with the setting at high elevation.
At Namche, you will experience the most amazing part of the trek. You will hike up to Everest View Hotel from where, the incredible scenes of the Khumbu peaks like Thamserku (6623m), Ama Dablam (6856m) and Mt. Everest (8,848m)will captivate you.
In addition, we will wander to Thami (3810m) above the wonderful Bhote Khola River Valley. Likewise, we will hike to Tengboche set at the altitude of 3860m. Plus, trekking to Lobuche, the amazing views of Pumori (7145m), Changtse (7550m), will allure you.
Walking further on from Lobuche, we will hike to Gorakshep (5140m) and walk beside the Khumbu Glacier to reach Everest Base Camp which at an altitude of 5360m which is the foot of the tallest mountain on the earth-Mt. Everest.
Moreover, we will trek ahead from Gorakshep to Kalapathhar located at the altitude of 5550m. The magnificent mountain views of Pumori (7,145m), Khumbutse (6,623m), Lingtren (6,697m), etc will greet us. Finally, return by taking Helicopter flight back to Kathmandu.
Highlights of 10 Days Everest Heli Trip and Trek
- Magnificent views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Ama Dablam.
- Tengboche Monastery.
- Experience Sherpa culture and tradition.
- Khumbu Glacier and Khumbu Icefall.
- Birdseye views of the Everest region.
10 days Everest Heli Trip and Trek designed by Trekking Guide Team Adventure is an easier alternative to experience the wonder of the Everest region. During the trek, we will explore around Sherpa culture in Khumjung Village, Buddhist traditions, explore the rural lifestyle of the Himalayas in Nepal, walking to Sagarmatha National park.
This is a rather lengthy trip, but will be very memorable with relaxed trekking experiences. During this trekking, you can have a close look at the people in the Sherpa community on the lap of Mt. Everest. You can see their culture and lifestyle, many Buddhist monasteries and Stupas reflecting the Nepali and Tibetan art and sculptures.
On your trip back to Kathmandu, you will get to observe the Himalayas from the helicopter which will take you closest to them. This trip (Everest Heli Trip and Trek) will take a total of 10 days to complete.
Duration: 10 Days
Start Point: Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
Group Size: Minimum 1 person and maximum of 4 people
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, pick up, transfer to hotel. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Upon your arrival, one of our representatives will greet you at the Tribhuvan International Airport holding the “Trekking Guide Team Adventure” Play card with your name.
He will transfer you to the hotel. The rest of the day is free for your personal activities. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Kathmandu to Lukla trek to Phakding 5hr (2610m). Overnight at tea house.
At 4:30 Am, you can have a cup of tea and ask the hotel for your packing breakfast and be ready by 5 Am at Hotel lobby. Our car will drop you to the airport for your Lukla flight.
Today we will take a wonderful flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m). After 40 minutes, we will land on a runway. Our caretaker will help us carry our belongings.
Then we will walk down to the Dudh Koshi River, where we connect with the main path to Namche Bazaar. After moving all the way through the small area of Ghat (2550m), we will soon arrive at our tea house at Phakding. Overnight at tea house.
Note: The weather in Lukla is unpredictable and always changing. Sometimes due to bad weather, sometimes the flight may be delayed or cancelled. If the flight is cancelled, you will have to return back to the hotel.
The transportation back to the hotel and accommodation on this night is not included. You will have to pay additional for this yourself. If the weather is clear the next day, you will get either the 3rd or 4th flight to Lukla.
If still, the weather is not clear, there will be an option for helicopter flights also. The cost of a helicopter flight is not fixed. It will be quoted by the airlines on the same day. The airlines will use your flight ticket plus, you will have to pay an additional approx 250 to 300 USD.
The total cost for a helicopter flight is 400 USD approx. You will have to pay an additional 250 USD combining your Lukla flight ticket. The weather problem is rare, it only happens sometimes.
But you need to know this information in case the weather goes bad. This does not happen all the time, this is only a piece of important information you need to know.
Day 03: Hiking up to Namche bazaar 5hr (3440m.). Overnight at tea house.
Today, we start from Phakding and hike to Namche Bazaar. We will walk across the river to trek all the way through the area of rhododendron, blue pine forest and more which is really superb experience, especially during the spring.
We go across to the Dudh Koshi at Benkar and take pleasure from the scenes of snow-topped mountains Kusum Kanguru (6369m), Thamserku (6623m) and so on. The way then becomes fairly difficult and includes a perpendicular climb to Namche Bazaar.
We will now walk through upstream on flat land, on the bank, to the fusion point of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. After crossing one of the suspension bridges above the river we will ascend to Namche Bazaar.
We get the most amazing vivid opportunities of gigantic peaks-Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Taweche is visible. Overnight at tea house.
Day 04: Rest day Namche Bazaar explore Hiking up to Everest view hotel to see Mt. Everest View (8848.86m) & Ama Dablam (6856m), Thamserku (6608m). Overnight at tea house.
Today we will visit around Namche Bazaar proper adaptation with the environment at the height. Namche is a prosperous village situated in a large protected hollow. And the amazing scene visible from here includes a superb panorama of the Khumbu peaks and great views of Everest.
Then, after having our breakfast, we can also walk towards Thami (3810m) over the amazing Bhote Khola River Valley or visit the Sagarmatha National park to look at the protected floras and faunas. Overnight at tea house.
Day 05: Hiking up to Tengboche 5hr (3860m). Overnight at tea house.
We will move down on this day through the Khumjung area and move to the major path to Everest at Shanasa. We will walk further to Trashinga and then move down to go across the Dudh Koshi at Phunkitenga (3250m).
In the daytime, it is a wide and vertical ascend through fir, black juniper, pine, rhododendron forest and reach Tengboche Monastery. Here we can see gigantic peaks Ama Dablam, Kantega, Mt. Everest, etc. We will be walking for around 5 hours today. Overnight at tea house.
Day 06: Hiking up to Dingboche 5hr (4410m). Overnight at tea house.
On this day, we will walk down all the way through the forest of birch, juniper, fir, and rhododendron at Debouche. Here we only steady way up but due to the elevation, we have to speed ourselves increasingly all the way through the day.
After passing the Imja Khola, the trail heads to Pangboche where we can see the beautiful mountain of Ama Dablam. Then our route is to climb all the way through unwrapped alpine hillsides prior to another crossing of the Imja Khola and reach Dingboche. Overnight at tea house.
Day 07: Rest day Dingboche (Option: If you are interested, you can go for hiking up to Chukung Valley, this is not compulsory. It depends on you whether you want to do it or not.) Overnight at tea house.
Today, we have one more day to rest at Dingboche which lies at an altitude of 4300m. We need to get accustomed with the high elevation, so we don’t go for further ascend today.
Optionally, we can go for hiking in Chhukung Valley, this is not compulsory. It depends on you whether you want to do it or not. Overnight at tea house.
Day 08: Hiking up to Lobuche 5hr (4910m). Overnight at tea house.
Today, leaving Dingboche the track goes up to the drain of the Khumbu. Then after an hour the path mounts up to the Khumbu Glacier. Almost half of the climb to the moraine is Dughla.
Moving ahead from Dughla the trail keeps on ascending steeply to the crest of the moraine. The path now moves on a flat level on the west part of the moraine prior to arriving at Lobuche. Overnight at tea house.
Day 09: Hiking up to Gorakshep 3hr (5140m) and trek to Everest base (5380m), see the Khumbu Glacier. Overnight at tea house.
Today is the most demanding and significant day of the entire trek. We will walk all along the Khumbu Glacier to reach up to Everest Base Camp (5360m) which is considered to be the nearest place you can get to observe Mt. Everest without mountaineering equipment.
The vista of the Khumbu Icefall from Base Camp is fabulous. A firm way up permits us to put up the slow, sound pace essential when walking at high altitude. When we reach the moraines of Changri Nup Glacier.
We make a chain of small up and down trekking over a shaky track lined with cairns that takes us to the unpredicted glacial sands of Gorakshep (5160m). And, we head off to the Everest Base Camp. We then return back to Gorakshep for staying overnight. Overnight at tea house.
Day 10: Early in the morning Hiking up to Kalapatther (5550m) which excellent viewpoint of the Everest region from there we will see in front of Mt. Everest & Pumo-Ri). Overnight at Kathmandu.
We will walk up to Kalapattar early in the morning. We can observe the peaks of Pumori (7,145m), Khumbutse (6,623m), Lingtren (6,697m) and more.
These mountains divides Nepal from Tibet and just above the Lho-La pass, we can see the huge face of Changtse (7,750m). And then return back to Kathmandu Via Helicopter on sharing basis. Overnight at Kathmandu.
- Pickup and drop at hotel.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks run by Nepalese family and outside toilet. (twin sharing)
- National park entrance fee.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS). National Park Entry Permits
- An experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples; if you are only 1 people, not including porter, you have pay additional charge $300 USD for porter).
- Your main course (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All transportation.
- 2 Night’s standard accommodation 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking) at Nivas Boutique Home or similar category.
- Domestic Flight Ticket (KTM-LUK)/domestic airport tax.
- Sharing helicopter flight back Gorakshep to Kathmandu.
- Lukla government tax 20 USD per person. You can pay this directly at Lukla.
- Your personal travel insurance covers helicopter rescue, medical bill.
- Your personal equipment for Trekking. (Sleeping bag(-15), down jacket, trekking shoes, sun glass, sunscreen, gloves, trekking stick)
- In the Lukla flight, the luggage of 12 kg is only included. If you have extra baggage, You will have to pay extra per kg Rs 100.
- If there is early arrival or late departure other than the trek date, and if you are back to Kathmandu early from the trek due to any problem or rescue, the extra accommodation is not included.
- Your trip includes only one time airport transfer to and by Lukla. If you have to return back to hotel again and again go to lukla airport because of weather problem, it will be your additional pay.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- Tips for the guide and porter as per your interest, how you are happy with them.
- All that are not mentioned in the cost includes.
Required documents for the trek.
- Valid passport, airline tickets.
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport)
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash to exchange into Nepalese currency for purchasing goods, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler’s checks, etc.
- 3 PP size pictures to issue permit.
- High altitude Insurance.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport pick up to hotel, overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Kathmandu to Lukla trek to Phakding 5hr (alt 2610m) over Night at Tea House.
Day 03: Hiking up to Namache bazar 5hr (alt 3440m) over Night at Tea house.
Day 04: Rest day Namche Bazar explore Hiking up to Everest view hotel to see Mt. Everest View (alt 8848.86m)& Ama Dablam( 6856m), Thamserku (alt 6608m) over Night at tea house.
Day 05: Hiking up to Tengboche 5hr (alt 3860m) over Night at Tea house.
Day 06: Hiking up to Dingboche 5hr (alt 4410m) over night at tea house.
Day 07: Rest day Dingboche Hiking up to Chhukhung Ri (alt 5550m) back to Dingboche over Night at tea house.
Day 08: Hiking up to Lobuche 5hr (alt 4910m) over night at tea house.
Day 09: Hiking up to Gorakshep 3hr alt(5140m) and trek to Everest base (alt 5380m) see the Khumbu Glacier & over Night at Gorakshep
Day 10: Early in the morning Hiking up to Kalapatther alt(5550m) which excellent view point of the Everest region from there we will see in front of Mt: Everest & Pumo- Ri. & take a Helicopter Flight back to Kathmandu overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Namche bazar is the gateway to the higher Himalaya with mountains like Mt Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam etc. The village is situated as the on crescent shaped mountain slopes. Mount Kongde Ri (6,187 m) west and Mount Thamserku (6,623 m) to the east of Namche overlook the village. The village has become the tourism hub of the country. There are a lot of lodges, restaurants, and hotels. Namche is very popular among the trekkers in Nepal. Most of the people of the village are from Sherpa community. You can experience the culture and old traditions of Sherpa people in the village. The village is the ancient trading hub for people from Tibet and Nepal. You can buy various, traditional arts and crafts, Tibetan artifacts and Trekking and climbing equipment in the markets of the village. The village is also famous for its homemade yak cheese and butter.
Tengboche is a village in Khumjung in the Khumbu region of northeastern Nepal at the altitude of 3,867 m. The village contains an important Buddhist monastery, Tengboche Monastery, which is the largest gompa in the Khumbu region. Tengboche Monastery was built in 1923. Tenzing Norgay, the first man to reach the summit of Mount Everest with Sir Edmund Hillary, was born in the area in the village of Thani and was once sent to Tengboche Monastery to be a monk. Tengboche has a panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains including peaks of Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku.
Services from company during the trek.
Our company’s representatives will make pick up and drop from and at airport. We will also organize a private car or private van for your site seeing in Kathmandu. Your helicopter trip from Kalapatthar to Kathmandu.
Trekking guide team adventure has very skilled staffs. Our driver is very skilled and experienced is always on time for pick up and drop. The guides we have are all very experienced and have been working in this field for more than 10 years. They can speak English are well experienced enough to handle any types of situation that might arise during the trek. Our staffs are all well-mannered and are friendly.
The accommodation for your visit to Nepal will depend on where you are during your visit. During your stay in Kathmandu we provide Hotel Thamel or similar category hotel for stay. Your stay during the trek will be in local tea houses. These tea houses are equipped with comfortable bed, hot water shower and internet access.
Required equipment for the trek
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A warm sleeping bag cable of keeping you warm in temperature -15 degree.
- Trekking shoes
- Torch light
- Trekking stick
Since this trek will take you to the high altitude area, the climate during the morning and night will be cold. So you will have to carry warm clothes. The recommended cloths for the trek are:
For Upper body:
- Head scarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- Warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof with breathable fabric jacket
- Down vest
- Jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens, consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched with a very warm polar-fleece mitt liner (seasonal)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of Hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, broken in )
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, low ankle high version
Things you need to prepare for Heli trip:
- Warm wind proof jackets and warm clothing
- Goggles and sunglasses that provides 100 % UV rays protection
- Sun Screen Cream 20 or higher protection.
- Camera, External storage memory for your camera.
You will have to carry some medicine for headache, fever, handi plast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc. as there might not be medical shops in the middle of the trekking route.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu