Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking is one of the challenging trekking in Everest Region which lets you to go to Everest Base Camp, escaping from the mainstream trekking trail.
This trekking experience will give you an exclusive experience in your journey to the Everest Base Camp. Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking has its attractive features on its way, away from the crowd.
Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking offers you view the attractive snowy mountains, Himalayan mountainous scenery, lakes, terraces, a traditional Valleys. The traditional and culture observed in the trek which takes your heart of the Everest Trekking region and makes you feel every moment delightful.
Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking offers you with renowned remarkable 5 lakes. Gokyo Valley and Renjo-La pass trek let you to see the majestic view of different highest mountain peak in Nepal.
The Mountains like Mt. Everest (8848.86m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8585m), Cho-Oyu (8201m) and other outstanding mountains as Ama Dablam, Kongde, Thame Peak, Thamserku, and Khagtega.
The largest glacier of Himalayas Ngozomba is one of the most beautiful scenery of Gokyo valley, which can be viewed all the way from Cho-Oyu peak to Dole. Another enticing attraction of this trek is the Gokyo-Ri peak (5357m).
The greatest view tower for Mt.Everest from where we get the pleasure of 360-degree panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Nuptse, Pumori, Lingtren, Chola Peak, Machherma Peak, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kusum Kangaru, etc.
Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trek displays the beautiful mountains and hikes the raw earth on well-known trails is a great way to get to know the unique landscapes in this wonderful Himalayan country of Nepal.
The heart touching view can be seen when the snow melts & the sun begins to shine, Renjo-La Pass trek bluntly exposes its natural beauty in extravagant displays that could probably be seen nowhere else.
It is absolutely one of the most challenging trails and thrilling trekking areas in the Everest region. It is the short trek offering the trekkers a beautiful view within a limited time to explore the most well-known natural destination of Nepal.
The Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking is the best trek if you are looking for an adventure trek to set among breath-taking high mountain surroundings.
Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking Highlights – 15 Days
- The Kathmandu valley sight-seeing includes Nepal’s most popular place Kathmandu which is historical and listed in UNESCO.
- Get pleasure of Scenic Mountain from round flight to Lukla and from Lukla.
- Get a chance to Visit beautiful village Namche and Khumjung during the trek
- Mesmerizing views of Icefall and Glacier in the Himalayas.
- Serves you with the beauty of Mt. Everest, Cho-Oyu, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Ice Fall view from Gokyo-Ri at an elevation of 5365 meters.
- Get a chance to visit Gokyo Lake and Gokyo-Ri in the trek.
- Trek passes over the Renjo-La.
- Get a chance to visit Thame village which is one of the beautiful villages in the Everest Region.
Trekking Guide Team designed a 15-day itinerary for the Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking arranged a package a day tour in Kathmandu with your arrival and departure days from the tour.
The trek begins an adventurous tour of the valley serving with a glimpse of its busy marketplace and list in World Heritage Site. You get a chance to enjoy a brief morning flight to the starting point of our trek. The trek is the gateway of the Khumbhu Region which follows a steep river valley to Namche Bazaar.
15 Days Gokyo Lake Trekking | 16 Days Everest Base Camp, Cho-La Pass and Gokyo Trek | 21 Days Everest Three High Pass Trek
Day01: Arrival at Kathmandu.
Once you land in the airport, our airport representatives will kindly receive you and take you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus.
Day02: Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour.
Your sightseeing in this ancient city begins at around 8:30 am, after breakfast. We will provide you with an expert tour guide and private vehicle. First, we will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupatinath, which predates to Lichhavi period.
Then, to Boudha Nath, and Swayambhu Nath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built-in Stupa style architecture. You will get a chance to spent your evening at Kathmandu Durbar Square which is the major attraction of Kathmandu valley.
Day03: Fly from Tribhuban International Airport (TIA) to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2610m)
On the third day, we’ll board a flight to Lukla (2810m), from Kathmandu (TIA). You will be able to rejoice the sight of splendid hills, rivers, and mountains during the 30 minutes long flight.
After reaching on Lukla airport, served a wholesome breakfast and you’ll be introduced to your porter. Then after, we will over further towards north to Phakding (2620m). It is an easy 3-hour hike through the Dudhkoshi valley. We will move towards north from the airstrip to Chheplung (2700m).
Past the bridge, you can witness Kusam Kanggru (6367m), which is one of the toughest mountains to conquer. We will head towards the tribal village of phakding where you will stay overnight.
Note: The weather in Lukla is unpredictable and always changing. Sometimes due to bad weather, sometimes the flight may be delayed or cancelled. If the flight is cancelled, you will have to return back to the hotel.
The transportation back to the hotel and accommodation on this night is not included. You will have to pay additional for this yourself. If the weather is clear next day, you will get either 3rd or 4th flight to Lukla.
If still the weather is not clear, there will be option for helicopter flight also. The cost for helicopter flight is not fixed. It will be quoted by the airlines on the same day. The airlines will use your flight ticket plus, you will have to pay an additional approx 250 to 300 USD.
The total cost for helicopter flight is 400 USD approx. You will have to pay additional 250 USD combining your Lukla flight ticket. The weather problem is rare, it only happens sometimes.
But you need to know this information in case the weather goes bad. This does not happens all the time, this is only important information you need to know.
Day04: Trek to Namche Bazaar. (3440m)
On our second day of the trek, we will head to Namche bazaar, celebrated village of Khumbu region. On our way to Namche, we will cross the winding Dudh Koshi River 5 times on thrilling suspension bridges, covered with colorful Buddhist prayer flags.
Then, we will continue our climb to Jorsale. From there, it’s a two and a half-hour ascent to Namche, with two major viewpoints on your way. If everything goes as per our wish you can relish the hypnotic view of Everest if a day goes clear.
At Jorsale, you will enter Sagarmatha National park (UNESCO World Heritage Site) where you’ll be required to verify your permits. You’ll reach Namche Bazaar after 5-6 hours of tough hiking, the chief economic hub of the region, also, a gateway to Everest.
Day05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar.
Adaptation to harsh geography and high altitude is vital before further continuing the ascent to avoid altitude sickness and other unwelcome illness. You’ll get chance for a one day hike through the beautiful villages of Khumjung and Khunde.
You can go to look at the giant skull “Yeti”, in a monastery in the region, after getting back at Everest view hotel. You can also savor at a bakery at world’s highest altitude. You can view breathtaking view of peaks such as Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam among others on a clear day.
After breakfast, we will endeavor an hour-long climb to the Syangboche airstrip (3790m), from where we will steadily ascend towards Khundu. On your way up, you can see century’s old Chorten (stone Buddhist monuments).
After savoring lunch at Khumjung, we will trail a slow climb to Everest View Hotel, from where you can again enjoy the view of Himalayas.The descend to Namche (3540m) is approximately 4/5 hours walk.
Day06: Trek to Dole. (4150m)
Now the trek enters above 4000m. A glorious view of Everest and Lhotse can be viewed after little climb to the ridge top out of Namche. All through the trail, you can witness vendors selling Tibetan handwork.
You will be able to experience the unique cretinism of Nepalese and Tibetan Buddhism. After we arrive at the crossroad, which lies considerably high all above the Dudh Koshi, the trail is divided. We have option either visit the local powerhouse, or even trek to luri peak.
We will now walk through beautiful rhododendron jungles and, from there to settlements of Tonga and Gyele (3,960m). After that, we arrive at Dole. It offers you with a spectacular view of Khumbila and Tawache (6,542m). We will explore around Dole, and stay overnight.
Day07: Trek to Machhermo (4470m).
A steady climb along the valley the Trek begins. The juniper forests now dominate the woods. We can see beautiful summer settlements and grazing land throughout as we go up. Delightful views of Cho-Oyu, its neighboring peaks Kantega and Thamserku will feast our eyes.
At the evening time, we will have arrived at Machermo (4,410m). We will spend the rest of the day exploring Machermo (4,410m) and spend the night there.
Day08: Trek to Gokyo (4750m), after lunch hike to Fifth Lake and back to Gokyo.
After breakfast, we will continue the trail over the ridge for more exotic views. You get a chance to see Cho-Oyu just in front of you. Below is the gorgeous view of Khantega gorge, innate. Beyond the edge, the valley extends as the trail goes side by side to Pangram at 4,390m.
Now, after a slightly higher ascent, we arrive at Gokyo, for a night stay. After the lunch, We will also visit and relish the sight of magnetic Fifth Lake and take pictures. Overnight stay in Gokyo Village.
Day09: Early morning hike to Gokyo-Ri (5360m) for sunrise.
We will begin our morning with conquering 5463m high Gokyo-Ri from where we can view outstanding Everest, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu among others. The view of peaks is even better after we will hike to the fifth lake. We will then descend to Gokyo and spend another night at Gokyo.
Day10: Cross the Renjo-La pass & trek down to Lungden (4350m).
We gently go uphill over the lush grassy area. we head for the top as the slope progressively becomes steeper. It is very steep so trek seems to be quite complex.
From the top, we can view the beautiful panorama of Rolwaling, Tengi Ragi Tau Mountains and small Rermo Pokhari Lake to the west and Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Gyachung Kang and Gokyo lakes to the east.
Through Dudh Pokhari lakes, we trek downhill through the beautiful meadow towards the Bhote Koshi Valley to continue beside the river. Luckily, we will come across yak caravans coming from Tibet heading towards Lungdeng. We will spend the night at Lungdeng.
Day11: Trek down to Thame (3850m) and visit Thame Monastery.
On the eleventh day, we will hike to Thame. We will also visit the historic Thame monastery and experience spiritual Buddhist practices, situated at 3800m.
We can also witness the lovely culture of Sherpa people at Thame. We will spend the night here and enjoy the much-needed rest for our downhill trek to Namche flowing day.
Day12: Trek down to Namche (3440m).
We will continue on reaching to our further destination down the Sherpa villages of Thame, leaving the mountains in the backdrop. We will walk down to the village of Namche bazaar, epitome of Sherpa culture. We will stay the night at a guesthouse in Namche.
Day13: Trek down to Lukla.
It is around 7 hours long walk downhill from Namche to Lukla. On this day, our time at exotic Sagarmatha National Park will come to an end. Following day, we will board a plane to Kathmandu.
You will keep this beautiful trek on a memorable weekend and bid goodbye to this trek and move forward towards Lukla.
Day14: Fly back to Kathmandu.
Early morning, we get ready for the departure and catch a plane from Lukla to Kathmandu. Pick a seat on the right side in order to enjoy the insatiable mountains again. On reaching Kathmandu, you will be escorted back to your hotel.
Day15: Final transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
The day has come to leave this remarkable country. Our representatives will transfer you to the airport from where you’ll board a flight to your next destination. Bid farewell to this country of Himalayas with plans to visit next time. Because once is never enough!
There are many other more adventure Trek in the region so, if you are looking for the more adventure treks then you can take the Everest Base Camp-Chola Pass-Gokyo or the Everest High passes Trek as well. So remember us for your adventurous trekking dream.
- Airport pickup and drops by car/van/bus.
- Three night’s standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
- Your meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Domestic Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK)/domestic airport tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS). National Park Entry Permits.
- One government licensed, experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Porter is not available for the solo traveler. It is available with and additional cost.
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porter.
- All land transportation.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (First aid kit will be aAvailable).
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos, $30 USD per person.
- Your personal travel insurance. The insurance must cover medical, helicopter rescue, accidental, natural disasters, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation expenses along with baggage and gears’ lost, theft or damage.
- Your personal equipment for trekking. [Sleeping bag(-15), down jacket, trekking shoes, sun glass, sunscreen, gloves, trekking stick]
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Your all meal (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) while you stay in Kathmandu hotel.
- Local government tax of 20 USD per person to be paid in Lukla counter directly.
- In the Lukla flight, the luggage of 12 kg is only included. If you have extra baggage, you will have to pay extra per kg Rs 100.
- If there is early arrival or late departure other than the trek date, and if you are back to Kathmandu early from the trek due to any problem or rescue, the extra accommodation is not included.
- Your trip includes only one time airport transfer to and by Lukla. If you have to return back to hotel again and again go to lukla airport because of weather problem, it will be your additional pay.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. (Tea, coffee, mineral water)
- Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
- Hot shower and laundry during the trekking.
- Kathmandu sightseeing entry permit. (USD$26).
- Tips for the guide and porter as per your interest, how you are happy with them.
- Your personal expenses, personal hygiene.
- Wi-Fi, internet, phone calls, battery charging.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu