Kathmandu Shivapuri National Park and Nagarkot Hiking is a 3-day hiking trip. It is one of the shortest hiking trips in Nepal. Moreover, the hiking trail stretches through the Shivapuri National Park and makes a round trip to Nagarkot. The National Park is located at the northern fringe of Kathmandu Valley. Similarly, the trip also grants beautiful views of the mountains in Langtang and Jugal ranges.
Special Features of the Kathmandu Shivapuri National Park and Nagarkot Hiking:
✔ The trip is a mix of natural and cultural beauty around the Kathmandu Valley.
✔ Trekkers can enjoy a variety of flora and fauna on the trails through the Shivapuri National Park.
✔ It is one of the easiest and easily accessible trekking routes from the capital.
✔ Finally, the trip offers graceful sunrise and sunset views from Nagarkot.
Overview of the Trek:
Firstly, the trip begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. Next, a hike of around 5 hours takes you to Chisapani (2200m). The next day starts with a fantastic sunrise view. Here, you can gawk at the amazing views of numerous mountains in Jugal Himal ranges.
Finally, the last day features views from Nagarkot. The sunrise gives a warm glow to the mountains in Langtang, Ganesh, and Jugal ranges. You bid farewell to the Himalayas and return to Kathmandu exploring Changunarayan on the way. The temple is said to be the oldest in Nepal and is also a UNESCO world heritage site.
The hiking trip is perfect for families or travelers in groups. Likewise, people with little time to explore Nepal can also go on this hiking trip. Travelers can choose to go on this hike any time of the year. However, March to May is the best time to embark on this hike.
We, at Trekking Guide Team Adventure, are proud to present this hiking trip. Our skilled guides will lead you on the trip. Similarly, we also have many trips across Nepal. Please contact us if you need any info regarding the trip.
Day 01: Early in the morning around 7: 30 am, drive to sundarijal by car/bus/van and hike upto Chisopani (2200m) 5hrs crossing Shivapuri National Park. You'll have lunch in Mulkharkha. Overnight at Chisopani (L/D).
Day 02: Wake up early in the morning to see sunrise from Chisopani, from here we can see panoramic view of twenty snow covered mountains. after breakfast will hike to Nagarkot for 6-7 hours through straight trail. Overnight at Nagarkot hotel. (B/L/D)
Day 03: Early in the morning see sunrise view and panoramic views of various mountains including Mount Everest. After breakfast, trek down to Changunarayan and visit old hindu temple Changunarayan and drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel. (B/L)
- 1 night accommodation in Nagarkot. (Hotel View Point or similar category)
- 1 night accommodation Chisopani. (Dorje Lakpa tehouse or similary category; run by Nepalese family)
- 2 nights/3 days Kathmandu Valley Trekking.
- Transportation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, accommodation during the trekking.
- One english speaking trekking guide.
- All bar bills, mineral water, coca cola.
- Nepal visa fee which is you will pay in open arrival in Kathmandu airport.
- Personal expenses.
- Nepal travel insurance.
- Equipment like: sleeping bag, down jacket, t-shirt, half pant, sunscreen, sun glass.
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Your arrival and departure transport in Kathmandu.
- Your accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Changunarayan Royalty fee Nrs. 339 per person.
- Shivapuri National Park Permit. (10 USD per person)
- All that are not included in cost include.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu