Nagarkot is one of popular tourist destination of Nepal for sunrise and sunset view near Kathmandu. Located in one of the beautiful city in Bhaktapur, Nagarkot is just 32km away from the heart of Kathmandu. This destination is popular among domestic as well as international tourist. It has been one of the best places to get away from city crowd and hangout with family and friends. One shall visit this place when in Kathmandu.
Travelers often visit this place through 1 hour bus ride or by adventurous hike from various starting points through the lush green forest. With Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Nagarkot 1 day hike starts from one of the oldest temple of the city – Changu Narayan Temple which is believed to be built in 5th century. One can enjoy the architecture of temple and start the trek to Nagarkot.
Nagarkot Tourism Info:
✔ Duration: 1 day
✔ Best time to visit: throughout the year
✔ Nagarkot Day Tour Cost: 100 USD
- One day trek.
- Easy and Safe Trails through peaceful forest.
- Visit UNESCO world heritage monument: Changu Narayan Temple–oldest temple of the Kathmandu City with beautiful architecture and mesmerizing view.
- Insight to culture and lifestyle of people in Telkot Village.
- Nagarkot View Point for Sunrise and Sunset.
- Marvelous view of mountain ranges from Dhaulagiri to Everest.
- Panoramic view of major city of Nepal- Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur.
Tourist Places in Nagarkot:
- Nagarkot View Point Tower
- Changu Narayan Temple
- Buddha Peace Park
- Changu Museum
Other Things to do in Nagarkot:
- Short Hiking
- Mountain Biking
- Sunrise and Sunset View
- Options to visit varieties of hotel and Restaurants
- Panoramic Himalaya View
- Try out local foods
✔ 07:30 A.M: You should have your breakfast and be ready at 7:30 am. Pickup from the Hotel and drive to Sankhu or Changunarayan which will take 1 and half hour. You will reach Changunarayan at 9:30 am.
✔ 09:30 A.M: After 1 and half hour drive to Changunarayan, Start hiking from Changunarayan to Nagarkot (3 to 4 hour). Hike through Telkot Village Panoramic views of Mountains from Nagarkot including Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, Langtang mountain ranges, Exploring people lifestyle. You will reach Nagarkot around 1:30 to 2 pm. You can have your lunch at top of Nagarkot and enjoy the view. If weather is clear, you will see good view. If the weather is not clear, you won’t be able to see the view.
✔ 4:00 P.M: Watch scenic sunset view and then drive back to Kathmandu hotel. If you want, you can return early also.
Note: If the weather is good, you will see good view. If the weather is not clear, you won’t be able to see good view.
Equipment: hiking shoes, hiking shirt-pant, a jacket, sun glass, sunscreen
- 1 english speaking trekking guide.
- Private car as per itinerary.
- Your Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on this day.
- All the personal expenses.
- Entrance fee if needed.
- Kathmandu accommodation.
- Tips for Guide and driver.
- All the things that are not mentioned in cost include.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Day Hiking and Tour
Kathmandu And Nagarkot
3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu