EXPLORE THE AUORA OF ISLAND PEAK AND STARTLE YOURSELF!!
Stretching its vicinity in the vast vividness of the Khumbu region, Island Peak provides great venture even if you're a novice trekker. Island Peak (6189m) is one of the most popular escapades for tourists as it gives the 360-degree panorama of different beautiful mountains like Nuptse (7861m) and Lhotse (8516m) which forms semi-circle in the north. The marvelous views of Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7129m) in the east, and the legendary excursion peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south.
ISLAND PEAK TREK: A VIVID ESCAPADE FOR EIGHTEEN DAYS
Known by its name of Imja Tse (6,189m) Island Peak, is an entertaining as well as challenging peak to climb in the Khumbu Himalaya and hence within the grasp of the average fit person who wants to engrave their experience in the high altitude snowcapped cliff. Your previous experience with high altitude will be beneficial as our profoundly experienced Sherpa climbing guides will also provide some of the basic skills such as using jumor, abseiling, and mainly crossing the ladders section on Island Peak. This peak is somehow friendly for the novice climber who wants to carve their adventure at an altitude of more than 6000m.
The mountain was titled "Island Peak" in 1952 AD because of its outstanding position amid in the Chhukung valley, like an island on a sea of ice. Island Peak has an exciting, highly glaciated west face that extends from the Lhotse Glacier which is a bit laborious to do; however, the majestic views from the summit are a suitable reward for your struggles.
In the high camp, there are more rocks and boulders at first, we will get to the Crampon Point, where we put on our harness, climbing boots, and different climbing gears. There are a couple of sections where ladders are must like in the Crevasses section. When the Crevasses section is over then we will have to trek on flat glacier section before we reach the foothill of the Ice headwall. There is a 300-meter headwall of 45-degree snow slopes reaching to the exhibited summit crest of Island Peak.
The summit encompasses the unimaginable panoramic views that include Nuptse, 7879m, Lhotse (8501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8419m), and the unclimbed Lhotse Shar (8383m). To the east, the perfect pyramid of Makalu (8475m) and Amablam are to die for. So if you're a travel addict who is hungry for silvery mountains this expedition is absolute for you.
- Spending alluring night at Island Peak Base Camp and High Camp before conquering the summit.
- Sightseeing beautiful ancient Tengboche Monastery.
- Astounding summit views of Mount Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and other beautiful Peaks.
- Shortest and most accessible of the 6000m peak for trekking.
- Lovely Combo of Island peak climbing with Everest base camp hike.
- Fixed departure promised group joining dates.
- Remarkable summit success rate with a most sophisticated climbing guide who escaladed peak more than 200 times.
- All the necessary safety backups like Oxygen cylinder and first aid kit.
- Hassle-free all-inclusive adventure
- Climbing adventure of a peak is a joy that you will cherish a lot and adds up your experience.
- Witnessing easily accessible the classic Everest Base CampTrail.
- Logistics and well-maintained camp set-up at Island Peak Base campand High camp.
- Basic and necessary training for climbing on snow and ice by experienced and certified Sherpa Climbing Guide in Island Peak Base for your safety.
- Day 01: Arrive in heart of the nation, Kathmandu (1,400m)
- Day 02: Exploration and sightseeing of Kathmandu
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2,860m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610m),
- Day 04: Hike to alluring Namche bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 05: Acclimatization/Rest day and Trekking around Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
- Day 06: Trek to enchanting Tengboche (3,860m)
- Day 07: Trek to charming Dingboche (4,410m)
- Day 08: Acclimatization Day or Hiking luring Chukkhung Valley (4,730m)
- Day 09: Trek to astounding Lobuche (4,940m)
- Day 10: Walk to exquisite Gorak Shep (5,164m)
- Day 11: Climb to huge Kala Pattar (5,643m) and descent to Dingboche (4,410m)
- Day 12: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,087m) via Chhukung (4,730m)
- Day 13: Pre-Climb training and trek to High Camp
- Day 14: Island Peak (6,189m) Incline and decline to Chhukung (Summit Day)
- Day 15: Trek to enchanting Namche Bazar (3,440m)
- Day 16: Trek to divine Lukla (2,860m)
- Day 17: Flight to Kathmandu (1400m)
- Day 18: Departure to an International Airport.
Day 01: Arrive in heart of the nation, Kathmandu (1400m).
After arriving in the lovely capital if Nepal via Tribhuwan International Airport, our agents will be there to receive you and transfer you to one of the standard hotels of Kathmandu.
Day 02: Exploration and sightseeing of Kathmandu
You’ll have a very wonderful time by exploring some of the greatest cultural and historical heritages of Kathmandu. Have a very gracious time and prepare for your trekking by buying some of the crucial recommended gears.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2,860m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610m).
You'll catch an early morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla takes only 35 minutes. After you reach Lukla, a guide will instruct you and introduce our porters before we start our trek towards Phakding. Overnight in Phakding.
Day 04: Hike to alluring Namche bazaar (3,440m).
After an energizing breakfast in Phakding, our next destination is Namche Bazaar, "gateway to Everest". Namche Bazaar, widely known as the capital of Khumbu and the gateway to Everest, has many good hotels and lodges. This is the biggest village along the entire Everest region. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Acclimatization/ Rest day and Trekking around Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
Our day will be spent here to acclimatize and adapt to the thinner air. We will explore a museum that exhibits the traditions and customs of the Sherpa people. We walk up to the Syangboche Airport nearby Everest View Hotel where we can see the pleasant panoramic view of Khumbu peaks. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to enchanting Tengboche (3,860m).
After empowering breakfast in Namche Bazaar, we'll head towards Tengboche. On reaching Tengboche, our guide will explain to you about the local monastery located nearby. You will witness a prayer ceremony either in the evening or tomorrow morning depending on how the hiking day. Overnight in Tengboche.
Day 07: Trek to charming Dingboche (4,410m).
The trail declines through the stunning forest, then joins the Imja Khola and passes through the village of Pangboche. The path proceeds through summer fields where the yak grazes, to Dingboche (4400m), the second place to stop and rest. Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 08: Acclimatization Day or Hiking luring Chukkhung Valley (4,730m).
Today For acclimatization, we will hike about three hours to Nagarjun Hill, appreciate the panorama of Ama Dablam and Island Peak, and return to Dingboche. Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 09: Trek to astounding Lobuche (4,940m).
We proceed with our trek through the wide valley beneath the impressive peaks of Cholatse and Tawache on the left. We will take a steep incline towards the foot of the Khumbu Glacier to Dugla. The path switchbacks through the crags of the glacier's concluding moraine. At amid of the climbing top, you'll notice many stone cairns created as memorials to the many Sherpas who have died while climbing Mt. Everest. We resume climbing to Lobuche (4910 m), from where you will see the awesome Mt. Pumori Peak (7220m), very well. Overnight in Lobuche.
Day 10: Walk to exquisite Gorak Shep (5,164m).
Today after powering breakfast, we hike on past Gorak Shep (5130m), to reach Everest Base Camp (5,364m). After celebrating our struggles and photographing this triumph, we return back to Gorak Shep. Overnight in Gorak Shep.
Day 11: Climb to huge Kala Pattar (5,643m) and descent to Dingboche (4,410m).
An early morning climb will take us to our target peak, Kala Pattar (5545m) following the Khumbu Glacier. From Kala Pattar, we will see the graceful sunrise and savor the scenic view of the surrounding mountains. Then we trek down for tasty lunch at Lobuche (4915m) and proceed to descend down to Dingboche. Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 12: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,087m) via Chhukung (4,730m).
We begin our trek to Chhukung which takes three hours approximately. From Chhukung, the path escalates steeply proceeding and following the valley onward the moraine from the Lhotse glacier. We continue a pleasant short trek along the riverside which heads to Big-Rock. After forty minutes, the climb will guide us to Island Peak Base Camp. We will anchor up tents at base camp for eating and staying overnight. Overnight in Island Peak Base Camp.
Day 13: Pre-Climb basic essential training and hike to High Camp.
It is a very serious day to acclimatize and to rest. After energy-boosting Breakfast, our Sherpa guides give a short training on peak and will share some basic climbing techniques and practicing climbing gear such as ice axes, climbing boots and crampons, harnesses, ascenders, and on how to go up and down using ropes. After delicious lunch, we travel up to the steep hill towards the Island Peak High Camp (5600m). In the starting, the path is light but soon it changes into rocky, before becoming boulder covered. The slope pointers as you rise up the hill, enrolling a steep rock channel. Overnight in Base Camp.
Day 14: Island Peak (6,189m) Incline and decline to Chhukung (Summit Day).
We have to begin early in the morning to climb through the rock channel. Although it is not severe, there are numerous short rock steps to be crossed before you come beyond the opposite side of the channel. After that, the way directs to the ridgeline where you cross the muzzle of the summit glacier. You will require to rope up for the glacier because it contains several gaps that lead with little difficulty on frosty slopes. The guides will set a rope. The top of this slope along a sharp summit ridge will take you to the top. After enjoying the summit of Island Peak (6189m) panorama, you will descend all the way to Chhukung. Overnight in Chukkung.
Day 15: Trek to enchanting Namche Bazar (3,440 m)
We will hike down to Dingboche and again pass through the Pangboche village, the same trail we used on the way up. Retrace your footsteps. After crossing the river, we walk for an hour up through the lush forest and reach Tengboche and continuously to Namche. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 16: Trek to divine Lukla (2,860m) and sightsee wilderness of Sagarmatha National Park.
After trekking to the height of more than 6000m, your skin is all pink due to an increase in RBCs. We will hasten down the trail toward Sagarmatha National Park gate, in Jorsale. Later, Lukla's trail directs us back to the first villages we saw two weeks ago: Gumila, Phakding, etc. The high peaks will sink behind the hills. In Lukla, this last evening in the mountains is a very ideal time to get socialize and share your story of success and hardships you did. Feast on local delicious food and enjoy the company of hospitable local people. Overnight in Lukla.
Day 17: Flight to Kathmandu (1400m).
After energizing breakfast in Lukla, you will head towards the airport and board an early flight to Kathmandu. En route, you will relish the aerial panoramic views of mountains and towering hills. You'll be transferred to a standard hotel in Kathmandu. Explore the lovely vicinity of Kathmandu in your spare time. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure to an International Airport.
You’ll be heading back to your home by bidding farewell to Nepal and its amazing hospitable people. Make sure you open the suitcase of beautiful memories you cratered in Nepal. NAMASTE ONCE AGAIN!!
COST INCLUDES/ EXCLUDES
When you choose this amazing itinerary package, the cost you pay will include and exclude the following items. It should be noted very carefully to end the future chaos.
- Complimentary airport pick up and drop off
- Complimentary welcome dinner
- Two-night stay in a standard hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast included.
- All necessary special permits for Island Peak Trek permit, TIMS card, etc.
- All domestic flights from and to Kathmandu to Lukla.
- All accommodation during the trek
- Three meals a day during the trek
- Fresh fruit each day if and when available
- Complementary duffel bag/agency T-shirt
- Government licensed and first-aid trained professional local guide who speaks English
- First-aid kit.
- Staff insurance, meals, accommodation, equipment, transportation, etc.
- Rescue arrangements if necessary
- Agency service charge and government tax/VAT
- Certificate of achievement
- International airfare and Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Insurance, personal expenses, loss of property and theft, etc.
- Sightseeing costs.
- All liquors, snacks, and additional charges such as laundry, hot showers, battery charging, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Gratitude and tips to staff
Trekking without trekking gears can be very difficult as well as very inflicting in nature. And when you’re residing on somewhere new it’s really very necessary to take care of your health and other basic needs. So here are the basic recommended gears you need to make this trek easy, simple and not dangerous.
HIKING AND TREKKING GEARS
It's very necessary to wear the outfit according to the situation and place. So here are some of the essential clothing gears required for trekking.
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Extra clothing (beyond the minimum expectation)
- Quick-drying pants and shorts
- Rainwear (jacket and pants)
- Long underwear
- Warm, insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Warm hat
- Bandana (if necessary)
- Spare plastics to distinct clean clothes and dirty clothes.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE
It’s very essential to take of own health and hygiene from the new weather condition. So here are some of the apparatus that might be needed while trekking period.
- Sun hat
- Toilet paper
- Urinary products
- Sanitation trowel (if no washroom)
- Baby wipes
- Sanitizers and alcohol wipes
- TECHNICAL MATERIALS
To capture moments, to withdraw money, and to trek in a very efficient manner here are some technical gears that should be packed.
- Credit cards/ATM cards
- Trekking sticks and duffle bags
- Books/GPS navigators
P.S: This is not the compulsory itinerary package you need to choose. You can customize according to your necessities and desires.
Our Special Trips
- Everest Base Camp Trekking (Private Trek) - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 10 Days
- Everest View Trek - 8 Days
- Everest Base Camp Kala Pattar Trek - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking - 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 13 Days
- Kathmandu Nagarkot Private Day Tour - 1 Day
- Kathmandu Valley View & Cultural Trekking - 6 Days
- Similar Tibet Culture and Langtang Valley Trekking - 12 Days
9 Nov, 2023
10 Best Waterfalls Near Kathmandu
Stretching its vicinity in the vast vividness of the Khumbu...
8 Nov, 2023
How Do You Prepare for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Stretching its vicinity in the vast vividness of the Khumbu...