The whole Manaslu Expedition lies in the Kali Gandaki valley of the Nepal Himalayas. This mountain was previously known as Kutang, ‘tang’ being the Tibetan word for flat place, thereby describing the mountain’s general summit. It was then renamed Manaslu which comes from the Sanskrit word “Manasa” meaning “intellect” or “soul”. It was first climbed by T. Imanishi & G. Norbu in 1956. Many consider the three peaks of Manaslu as Japanese peaks as they were the first to reach its summit in 1956. There exist half a dozen different routes on Manaslu today.
The south face of this “mountain of intellect” is arguably the toughest in climbing history. Our trip starts at Sama Gaon, where incidentally Makalu is called Kampung- after a local god. It was here in this same village back in 1954 that the second Japanese expedition met with bitter resistance from the locals. They blamed the presence of the heathen foreigners for the avalanches and pestilence on the valley. They felt that Japanese had insulted the gods dwelling in the mountains thereby angering them into creating such adverse conditions.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Prepare Expedition.
Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04: Drive Arughat via Dhading.
Day 05: Arughat – Sotikhola 6 hours.
Day 06: Sotikhola – Machhakhola 6/7 hours.
Day 07: Machhakhola – Jagat.
Day 08: Jagat – Ukawa.
Day 09: Ukawa – Ngyak 5/6 hours.
Day 10: Nyak – Namrung 5/6 hours.
Day 11: Namrung – Syalla village.
Day 12: Syalla – Sama village.
Day 13: Sama Village.
Day 14: Sama Village – Manaslu Base camp.
Day 15- 41: Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
Day 42: Base camp – Sama village.
Day 43: Sama – Namrung.
Day 44: Namrung – Philim village.
Day 45: Filim -Machakhola.
Day 46: Machakhola – Soti.
Day 47: Soti – Arughat.
Day 48: Arughat drive to drive to Kathmandu.
Day 49: Kathmandu.
Day 50: Final Departure to the Airport.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Royalty permit fee of Makalu Expedition.
- Food for Trekking and Expedition period.
- Base Camp Guide , Cook and helpers.
- Porters and other supporting teams to and from Base camp.
- all land Kathmandu to Kathmandu transportation.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew.
- Insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- Base camp supplies like meals, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table and chairs.
- 6 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with daily breakfast.
- Personal equipment for climbing & trekking.
- Medical kit bag and medical Insurance of expedition\Climbing gears, Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue Evacuation by helicopter incase needed.
- Walki Takie permit set & Satellite phone permit.
- Oxygen & Mask - regulator.
- Bar Bills & beverage.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu