This wonderful Island Peak Climbing and trekking takes you into the heart of the Khumbu, Gokyo (4,750m/15,584ft) and Everest Base Camp (5,357m/17,575ft). An ascent of Gokyo Ri (5357m/19,216ft) and Kala Pattar (5,545m/18,192ft), is good acclimatization and gives you magnificent close-up views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and more. You will cross the little use Chola pass (5,420m/17,782ft) and Kongma La Pass (5,535m/18,159ft); ascend one of the popular peaks of the Everest region.
Island Peak Climbing (6,189m/20,305ft) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. The mountain was named “Island Peak” in 1952 A.D. due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. It was renamed “Imja Tse” in the early ’80s, though its original name is still more popular. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated West Face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport & pick up to hotel, over night at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Peak permit preparation and official formalities.
Day 03: Early morning flight to Lukla, and trek to Phakding for 3-4hrs (2,652m). (B/L/D)
Day 04: Phakding to Namche for 5-6hrs (3,440m). (B/L/D)
Day 05: Rest day in Namche Bazar. Overnight at lodge. (B/L/D)
Day 06: Namche-Tengboche for 4-5hrs (3,870m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche for 5-6hrs (4400m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 08: Dingboche to Chhukung for 3-4 hrs (4730m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 09: Chhukung rest day and final preparation for climbing (4,730m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 10: Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp for 3-4hrs (5,200m). Overnight at camping tent. (B/L/D)
Day 11: Summit Island Peak and trek back to Chhukung for 8-10hrs (6,189m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 12: Chhukung to Tengboche for 5hrs (3,870m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 13: Tengboche to Monjo for 5-6hrs (2835m). Overnight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 14: Monjo to Lukla for 5-6hrs (2,800m). (B/L/D)
Day 15: Early Morning flight out to Kathmandu (1,350m). (B)
Day 16: Extend your holiday or back to home. (B)
- Airport picks up and drops by private car/van/bus.
- Peak climbing guide, Trek permit, national park fee & peak permit fee
- 3 night’s standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.+2 days camping.
- Tent & mattress, cook, other trek crews & porters.
- Domestic airport picks up and drop by car/flight ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) /domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Strong porter, salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porter.
- Arrangement of emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your personal climbing equipment- Sleeping bag (-15 Celsius), down jacket, trekking shoes, climbing shoes, personal towel, torchlight, gloves, trekking stick, warm clothes, sunglass, sunscreen, socks, some medicine for headache, fever, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, etc.
- You can hire or buy sleeping bag easily in Kathmandu.
- Your peak climbing travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks i.e tea, coffee, hot chocolate
- Wi-fi, internet, battery charge.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu
The cost of the Island Peak trek usually depends upon the package you choose. If you choose the shorter itinerary, it will cost you around $1700-$1900. But, if you choose the 21 Days Island Peak to climb with the Everest base camp trek, it will cost you around $2100-$2400.
Yes, you can customize or shorten the island peak trek. Most of the packages of Island Peak constitute the summit of EBC and Kalapathar. However, if you want to shorten the itinerary, you can skip Everest and Kalapathar hike and complete it in 13-15 Days.
The best time to visit Island Peak is Spring (March to early June) and Autumn (September to November). Spring and autumn season has the ideal climate offering clear views of the Himalayas and surrounding.
The island peak trek is a 19-21 days program that includes your arrival and departure day.