Langtang Valley Trekking is one of the popular of the Langtang region and closest treks from Kathmandu. This trek explores authentic Tamang villages, Tibetan culture, and the sublime glaciers in the Langtang Valley.
Most parts of the trek pass through the Langtang National Park. Thus, the trip also allows you to revel in the biodiversity of the Langtang Valley. Above all, the trek is suitable for people who want great adventure in a short time.
Trip Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking – 12 Days:
- Beautiful views of the Langtang, Gauri Shankar, and Jugal Himal ranges.
- Experience the exciting trail through Tamang and Tibetan villages.
- Explore the valley of Glaciers-the Langtang Valley.
- Make stops at ancient monasteries on the trek including the Kyanjin Gompa
Overview of the 12 Days Langtang Valley Trekking
The trip starts with a day tour in the Kathmandu Valley. After visiting the UNESCO world heritage sites in the valley, you’ll drive north towards Syabrubeshi. Then, you’ll start your trek towards the Lama Hotel.
Further, you’ll head to the Langtang village and spend a night with the Tamang community. The village offers a surreal vista of the Langtang Lirung (7227m). Next, you head to Kyanjin Gompa and spend the next day in Kyanjin gompa.
On this day, you can also hike to Tserko Ri (4984m). Here, you can enjoy the panorama of the mountains in the Langtang, Jugal, and Dorje Lakpa ranges. In addition, you can head to the local cheese factory.
With that, you’ll trek back to Lama Hotel following the Langtang River. You’ll further trek towards Syabru village followed by next day trek to Dhunche. You’ll drive to Kathmandu from Dhunche.
Best Time for Langtang Valley Trekking
Autumn and spring serve as the best seasons for the Langtang Valley Trekking. Also, the trek can be done by anyone with average physical fitness.
At Trekking Guide Team, we offer you with all the necessary services on your trips. We also have skilled guides and porters with years of experience. Moreover, we have numerous travel packages throughout the country.
Note: Would you like to make a Langtang Valley trekking shorter or longer. And if you like to make trekking more than Trekking itinerary. You can do city sightseeing tour in Kathmandu & 2 nights/3 days, Jungle safari in Chitwan, white water river rafting, or mountain flight, Let us know your suggestion accordingly.
Regarding this program please do not hesitate to send us an email.
There is no tourist bus service from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi to Kathmandu, you need to travel by local bus. The price is included in the transportation in the form of local bus. Also, you can travel by private Jeep which is comfortable for you. If you want to travel by private jeep, then the cost is not included for the transportation. The private jeep would cost additional US$300 from Kathmandu-Syabrubeshi-Kathmandu. Please let us know if you would like to travel by private jeep or by Local bus.
Langtang area was affected by the earthquake but now everything has been renovated and you can do this trek easily.
Day 01: Arrival at Airport and transfer to the Hotel. Our airport representative will be waiting for you at airport holding our company play card” Trekking Guide Team Adventure”. He will pick up you and escort to the hotel. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 02: After breakfast 9 am, our tour guide meet you at hotel lobby and start sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley (Swayambhu & Boudhanath Pashupatinath Temple & Patan Durbar Square) and overnight at Kathmandu. (B)
Day 03: After breakfast 7 am, drive, Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi (1610m) by local bus. 8 hours drive and transfer to the hotel or guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 04: After breakfast, trek from Syabrubeshi to Lama hotel (2480m) walking 5.5 hours, cross to Langtang River, explore the flora and fauna Langtang National park. The trail branches off Syabrubesi’s main road by a police post (you’ll need to register) and crosses a suspension bridge over the Bhote Koshi. Turn right at the eastern end of the bridge and climb up to Lama hotel. Overnight at guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 05: After breakfast trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3541m) walking 5 hours, enjoy to see view Langtang Lerung Mountain, explore the Tibetan culture Langtang village, overnight at a guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 06: After breakfast, trek from Langtang village to Kyangjin Gompa (3900m) walking 2.5 hours, explore the Langtang valley, explore the surrounding view of Langtang valley overnight at the guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 07: Rest day in Kyangin Gompa Hiking up to Cherko Ri (5050m) and back to Kyangjn Gompa. Visit to Langatng glacier and visit Buddhist monastery Walking 5.5 hours, overnight at guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 08: After breakfast trek down to Lama hotel (2480m) walking 6 hours, enjoy the Tibetan culture overnight at guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 09: After breakfast Trek to thulo Syapru village (1610m) walking 5 hours, and to see view of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Annapurna overnight at guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 10:After breakfast Thulo Syabru to Dhunche 5 hours. Overnight at the guest house. (B/L/D)
Day 11: After breakfast drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu 6 hours by bus. Overnight at Kathmandu. (B/L)
Day 12: After breakfast, departure to airport. (B)
- Airport pick up and drop service.
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3 star category with breakfast for 3 nights at Nivas Boutique Home or similar catergories. (On the arrival day, second day and after the trekking on twin sharing basis)
- All accommodation during the trek available lodge/tea houses run by Nepalese family.
- Your daily meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek as per itinerary.
- One experience trekking guide & one porter for each two tourist. If you are a solo traveler, porter is not included. It is available by additional 150 USD.
- All land transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by local bus. If you want a private land cruiser it is available by additional 300 USD for both way Kathmandu to Syabrubesi to Kathmandu.
- All necessary paper works and Langtang National park Entry Permits.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing by car and tour guide.
- Insurance for guide & porters.
- Our service charge.
- Government tax.
• Nepal entry visa fee $30 USD per person.
• Equipment: Sleeping bag (-15 Celsius), down jacket, trekking shoes, personal towel, torch light, gloves, trekking stick, warm clothes, sun glass, sunscreen, socks, some medicine for headache, fever, handiplast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc. (You can hire or buy sleeping bag easily in Kathmandu)
• Personal travel insurance. The insurance must cover medical, accidental, natural disasters, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation expenses along with baggage and gears’ lost, theft or damage.
• If you arrive early or depart late, extra night accommodations other than mentioned in the itinerary.
• Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
• All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks like tea, coffee, mineral water, beer, hot water.
• Emergency rescue evacuation which will be covered by your insurance.
• Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
• Hot shower and laundry during the trekking.
• Your personal expenses like laundry, phone call, shopping etc.
• Tipping (Tips) for guide & porter as per your main interest.
• Kathmandu valley sightseeing entry fee.(Monkey temple, Boudhanath, Pashupati, Patan durbar square) $26 USD per person.
• All the things that are not mentioned in cost include.
• Wi-Fi, internet, phone calls, battery charging.
Risk & Liabilities: We are committed to providing the best services which will give you a once in a life time journey. We perform our duties honestly & seriously to make your journey very smooth & pleasant. However, the entire programs in Nepal are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their own policies. Trekking Guide Team adventure Pvt. Ltd shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as govt. restriction, Land slide, road blockage, flood, snow political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident, Any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
As Nepal is an underdeveloped country, our country’s facility and standard cannot match as per yours. But we will always provide you the best facility and service as per Nepal’s standard.
Please bring travel insurance. The Insurance must cover medical, accidental, natural disasters, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation expenses along with baggage and gears’ lost, theft or damage.
Please bring each person 3 PP size pictures to issue permit, hard copy of your insurance and hard copy of itinerary.
Equipment: Sleeping bag (-15 Celsius), down jacket, trekking shoes, personal towel, torch light, gloves, trekking stick, warm clothes, sun glass, sunscreen, socks, some medicine for headache, fever, handiplast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc.
(You can hire or buy sleeping bag easily in Kathmandu)
Our company airport representative will be waiting for you in the airport holding our company card “Trekking Guide Team Adventure” with your Name on it and he will escort you to the hotel.
This is a moderate trek of Nepal and do not require any special training or condition. However, you should be fit and should have walking practice. I recommend you to go for morning walks for practice. Many people are able to do this trek easily and you can also do this trek easily. You have to walk everyday 6 to 7 hour, 15 to 20 km.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Sep To May
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
+977 9851229400 (WhatsApp/Viber)
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the founder members who have spent more than 20 years in the tourism field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure since it founded. The main aim of Trekking Guide Team Adventure is to provide the best services and getting good recommendation from the tourists. For the availability, Trekking Guide Team Adventure is able to provide 24 hour support towards the tourists from email, Viber, WhatsApp.