Nagarkot is a popular place for a sunrise view of the Himalayas including Mount Everest as well as other mountain ranges like Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Jugal, Rolwaling, and Numbur of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namobuddha Trek also offers a panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley. Near from Kathmandu, it is one of the best destinations for people who have short time and want to enjoy a relaxing day out from the busy city. Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namobuddha Trek can be done in 1 day and you can enjoy the view early morning.
Dhulikhel, located just 30 Km east of Kathmandu along the Araniko Highway, is another popular hill station in Kavre district. Dhulikhel is an ancient Newari settlement. The narrow streets show us the architecture of medieval city inhabited for at least five centuries. The layout of the city is based on ancient Hindu planning doctrine with the position, shape, scale & dominance between buildings, temples, Public squares all having their own meaning and harmony. This always comes alive with different cultural activities and processions. Dhulikhel offers magnificent views of mountains like Ganesh Himal (7429 m), Jugal mountain range, Langtang Lirung (7227m) in the west, Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Gauri Shankar (7134m), Melungtse (7181m), Mt. Lhotse (8516 m), till Numbur (5945m) in the east.
Namobuddha, which lies between Banepa and Panauti, southeast of Kathmandu, is a famous Buddhist pilgrimage site as well as favorite stopover for trekkers. It is located on slightly elevated land and has pleasant and peaceful environment. In summertime, southern winds bring coolness and in wintertime, the warm and gentle sun is clear and radiant which brings warmth to a soul. It is a three-hour trekking from Dhulikhel through number of small villages. Rows of Buddhist stupas adorned with fluttering prayer flags are there to soothe both devotees and trekkers. Nagarkot Dhulikhel Namobuddha Trek is an amazing story concerned with the Buddha, which is commemorated by an ancient slab and a stupa with all-seeing eyes. The carved image on the slab portrays a popular legend that Lord Buddha in his previous incarnation allowed himself to be devoured by a starving tigress to save her and her cubs from starving to death.
Day 01: Meet our airport representative at International Airport and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. Rest of the day is free for your personal activities.
Day 02:Kathmandu City sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Monkey Temple, Boudhanath, and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2160m/7130ft) 5/6 hrs walk. Overnight in tea house
Day 04:Chisopani – Nagarkot (2175m/7134ft) 7-8 hrs trek. Overnight in a Nagarkot hotel.
Day 05: Nagarkot – Dhulikhel (1550m) 4-5 hrs. trek. Overnight in tourist standard accommodation.
Day 06: Dhulikhel – Namo Buddha (1810m) 4/5 hrs trek. Overnight in tourist standard accommodation.
Day 07: Namo Buddha – Panauti (1620m) – Drive to Kathmandu : 4-5 hrs trek and 2 hr drive. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- All airport/Hotel transfers
- Tourist standard Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 nights on BB Plan
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- All mountain accommodation 1 night in Namobudhha
- accommodation 1 night in Dhulikhel
- accommodation1 night in Nagarkot
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter, if you are 1 person, porter is not included)
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging A comprehensive medical kit
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Namobuddha to Kathmandu
- 1 day Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- All government and local taxes
- Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks
- Mineral water
- Personal expenses
- Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee 26 USD
- Personal equipment Sleeping bag, hiking shoes, personal towel, torch light, hiking shirt-pant, some warm clothes, sun glass, sunscreen, socks, some medicine for headache, fever, handiplast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea,
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance & evacuation
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
Trekking Guide Team Adventure is one of Nepal’s better known adventure and exciting travel operator that specializes in exploring the elevated Himalayas in Nepal.