The whole Manaslu Expedition lies in the Kali Gandaki valley of the Nepal Himalayas. This mountain was previously known as Kutang, ‘tang’ being the Tibetan word for flat place, thereby describing the mountain’s general summit.It was then renamed Manaslu which comes from the Sanskrit word “Manasa” meaning “intellect” or “soul”. It was first climbed by T.Imanishi & G. Norbu in 1956.Many consider the three peaks of Manaslu as Japanese peaks as they were the first to reach its summit in 1956. There exist half a dozen different routes on Manaslu today.
The south face of this “mountain of intellect” is arguably the toughest in climbing history.Our trip starts at Sama Gaon, where incidentally Makalu is called Kampung- after a local god. It was here in this same village back in 1954 that the second Japanese expedition met with bitter resistance from the locals. They blamed the presence of the heathen foreigners for the avalanches and pestilence on the valley. They felt that Japanese had insulted the gods dwelling in the mountains thereby angering them into creating such adverse conditions.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02: Prepare Expedition
Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism
Day 04: Drive Arughat via Dhading
Day 05: Arughat – Sotikhola 6 hours
Day 06: Sotikhola – Machhakhola 6/7 hours
Day 07: Machhakhola – Jagat
Day 08: Jagat – Ukawa
Day 09: Ukawa – Ngyak 5/6 hours
Day 10: Nyak – Namrung 5/6 hours
Day 11: Namrung – Syalla village
Day 12: Syalla – Sama village
Day 13: Sama Village
Day 14: Sama Village – Manaslu Base camp
Day 15- 41: Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
Day 42: Base camp – Sama village
Day 43: Sama – Namrung
Day 44: Namrung – Philim village
Day 45: Filim -Machakhola
Day 46: Machakhola – Soti
Day 47: Soti – Arughat
Day 48: Arughat drive to drive to Kathmandu
Day 49: Kathmandu
Day 50: Final Departure to the Airport
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Royalty permit fee of Makalu Expedition
- Food for Trekking and Expedition period
- Base Camp Guide , Cook and helpers
- Porters and other supporting teams to and from Base camp
- all land Kathmandu to Kathmandu transportation .
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew
- Insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- Base camp supplies like meals, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table and chairs
- 6 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with daily breakfast
- Personal equipment for climbing & trekking
- Medical kit bag and medical Insurance of expedition\Climbing gears, Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Walki Takie permit set & Satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator
- Bar Bills & beverage
Talk to an expert
Trekking Guide Team Adventure is one of Nepal’s better known adventure and exciting travel operator that specializes in exploring the elevated Himalayas in Nepal.