Our trek follows the old ‘Druk’ or mule trail linking Paro with the capital, Thimpu. It runs through rhododendron and pine forests, open ridge tops, past high lakes, yak pastures and isolated hilltop monasteries with views of Chomolhari (7314m), and Gankar Punsum (7541m), Bhutan’s highest peaks. We also have time to savour the culture and traditions of this ‘Land of the Thunder Dragon’ and spend time in both Paro and Thimpu and Punakha taking some classic and some more esoteric sights including a hike up to the cliffhanging Taktsang Monastery and a visit to Punakha Dzong, the ancient capital of Bhutan.In December the weather is usually crisp, clear and sunny with few other trekkers on the trail. April trips link with the colourful Paro Festival.
Day 1: Arrive at Paro. 2250M.
Day 2: Paro Sightseeing.
Day 3: Ta Dzong – Jele Dzong. 10 Km. 3 – 4 hours. Altitude: 3450m.
Day 4: Jele Dzong – Jangchuk lhakha. 10Km. 4- 5 hours. Altitude: 3780m.
Day 5: Jangchuk lhakha – Jimi Langtso. 11 Km. 5 – 6 hours. Altitude : 3880m.
Day 6: Jimilangtso – Phojoding. 20 Km. 5 – 6 hours. Altitude: 3870m.
Day 7: Phajoding – Thimphu. 4 –5 Km. 3 hours. Altitude: 2350m.
Day 8: Thimphu Sightseeing
Day 9: Thimphu – Paro
Day 10: Departure.
- Three nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking.
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- Camping Accommodations during the trek.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Insurance for Guide and porter.
- First aid kit.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Conservation fee, permits.
- Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes.
Talk to an expert
Trekking Guide Team Adventure is one of Nepal’s better known adventure and exciting travel operator that specializes in exploring the elevated Himalayas in Nepal.