The Budget Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani Trek is one of the popular trekking in Nepal. And Poon hill (3200m) is the best viewpoint from where you can witness the stunning sunrise in the morning.
You can view breathtaking sceneries of mountains which includes Mt. Annapurna I and Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre (fishtail), Nilgiri, Lamjung Himal, Barasikhar, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli and several more.
This trek starts from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Nayapul. The trek ends in Nayapul.
Things you can do in Budget Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani Trek
Pokhara is the best city for adventure and leisure day. It is the tourism capital of Nepal. The pleasant climate, the atmosphere of celebration at lakeside Pokhara.
The beauty of Fewa Tal (Lake), the feeling of being at peace at world peace pagoda, the adventure of paragliding. There are lots of souvenir shops in the market section of the city.
You will meet different ethnic people such as- Magar, Gurung, Brahmin, Chhetri, etc. apart from the fantastic views from Poon Hill. Also, the range of wildlife and vegetation that you will see on the way will please you.
Likewise, visiting pleasant Ghandruk village, where Gurung people live, going around the Gurung museum are the best feeling. Passing through striking terraces with rice pasture and farmhouses are also the major attractions of the trek.
This package (Budget Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani trek) is very suitable for those who are looking to do Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani trek in a very limited Budget.
This trek provides all the experience of the Poonhill Ghorepani trek but at very minimum cost. This trek enables you to experience Kathmandu Pokhara and Poonhill Ghorepani in 8 days. This trek is best for families, Students, and business class.
Day 01: Meet Our Representative at Kathmandu Airport & Transfer to Hotel
Upon your arrival, one of our airport representatives will welcome you at the Tribhuvan International Airport and after that transfer you to the hotel in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel Thamel Kathmandu.
Day 02: Early in the morning drive by tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Overnight at Pokhara hotel
We will drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu by bus taking about 6 hours. On the way, we will pass along with terrace villages, farms, as well as cities with eye-catching views of snow-capped peaks.
Pokhara holds three attention-grabbing lakes in its region- Phewa, Rupa and Begnas. At Pokhara, we can also enjoy sightseeing in well-liked tourist areas like Davi’s fall, Gupteshore cave. Renowned Fewa Lake where you can enjoy boating and visit Tal barahi temple lying in the heart of the lake. You may also sail to the next shore of the lake and hike to Peace Stupa etc. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 03: After breakfast drive to Nayapul to the Birethanti village trek to Ulleri village 5hr (1960m). Overgight at tea house. (B/L/D)
You should be ready by having your breakfast, in your hotel lobby at 9 am. We will drive to Nayapul from Pokhara for 1 hour. We will on the way pass all along the path and move down to follow a river to reach Birethanti lying at the height of 1025m.
It is one of the well-off villages near Modi River. We will after that pass by Hille. Then we walk further on to a big Magar Village named Ulleri. On the whole, we will walk for 5 hours. Overnight at tea house.
Day 4: Hiking up to Ghorepani though by Rhododendron Forest 5hr (2860m). Overnight at Tea house. (B/L/D)
On this day, we will trek to Ghorepani moving on from Ulleri Village. Ghorepani lies at the elevation of 2860m and takes around 5 hours to reach there. On the way we will also pass TirkheDhunga and traverse a river by means of a bridge over Bhurungdi River.
Plus, we will walk passing by grazing landscape and cultivated areas through oak and rhododendron woods. We will then arrive at Nangethanti and then finally reach Ghorepani. Overnight at tea house.
Day 05: Early in the morning Hiking up to Poonhill (3210m) to see sunrise view of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre. Back to hotel and trek to Ghandruk 8hr (2100m). Overnight at a tea house. (B/L/D)
This is the most important day of the Budget Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani Trek. We will begin walking early in the morning to Poonhill which is situated at the height of 3210m.
Reaching at the crest of the Poon Hill, we will be greeted by the scenic sunrise views over arresting peaks like Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and more. After that, we will trek to Ghandruk. Overnight at a tea house.
Day06: Trek to Nayapul, 5hr drive back to Pokhara overnight at hotel. (B/L)
We will trek for around 5 hours on this day to reach Nayapul from Ghandurk Village. On this day, we will have a pleasant walk for a while and ascend for around 3 hours. We will go back to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 07: Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus overnight at Kathmandu. (B)
On this day, after having our breakfast we will take the tourist bus from Pokhara to return to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu, you will return back to the hotel. At hotel, you can just relax. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 08: Departure to your country. (B)
This is your last day in Nepal after the Budget Annapurna Poonhill Ghorepani Trek. You will depart from Nepal with breathtaking memories and remarkable time spent in the Annapurna Himalayan region. Our staff will transfer you to the airport for your departure.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (Nibhas Boutique Home) with 3 Stars Bed & Breakfast for 2 nights.
- Hotel in Pokhara (Bodhi Suites) with 3 star bed & breakfast for 2 nights.
- One experience english speaking trekking guide.
- All land transportation from Kathmandu to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Trekking start point Pokhara to Nayapul and end point Nayapul to Pokhara by taxi.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek as per itinerary.
- Annapurna Conservation Permit.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- Insurance for Guide.
- Accommodation 3 nights in the mountain Tea Houses. (run by Nepali families)
- Airport - Hotel - Airport transfer.
- Our service charge.
- Farewell Dinner with cultural dance program.
- Personal Equipment for Trekking. (sleeping bag, down jackets, gloves, sun glass, sunscreen, trekking stick, trekking shoes)
- Nepal entry visa fee you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Personal Insurance for travel to Nepal. (covers Helicopter rescue)
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Porter for the trek.
- Tipping (Tips) for guide & porter.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drinks. (Tea, Coffee, Mineral water, hot water).
- Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
- Hot shower and laundry during the trekking.
- Personal expenses, personal hygiene.
- All that are not included in the cost include.
Itinerary of trek
Day 01: Meet Our Representative at Kathmandu Airport & Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Early in the morning drive by tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Overnight at Pokhara hotel.
Day 03: After breakfast drive to Nayapul through to the Birethanti village trek to Ulleri village 5hr (1960m). Overgight at tea house. (B/L/D)
Day 04: Hiking up to Ghorepani though by Rhododendron Forest 5 hr (2860m). Over Night at Tea house (B/L/D)
Day 05: Early in the morning Hiking up to Poonhill (3210m)to see sunrise view of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri , Machhapuchhre. Back to hotel and trek to Ghandruk 8hr (2100m). Over Night at tea house.( B/L/D)
Day 06: Trek to Nayapul, 5hr drive back to Pokhara over Night at hotel. (B/L)
Day 07:Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus over night at Kathmandu. (B)
Day 08:Departure to your country. (B)
Services from company during the trek.
Our company’s representatives will make pick up and drop from and at airport. We will also organize a private car or private van for your site seeing in Kathmandu. Your helicopter trip from Kalapatthar to Kathmandu.
Trekking guide team adventure has very skilled staffs. Our driver is very skilled and experienced is always on time for pick up and drop. The guides we have are all very experienced and have been working in this field for more than 10 years. They can speak English are well experienced enough to handle any types of situation that might arise during the trek. Our staffs are all well-mannered and are friendly.
The accommodation for your visit to Nepal will depend on where you are during your visit. During your stay in Kathmandu we provide Hotel Thamel or similar category hotel for stay. Your stay during the trek will be in local tea houses. These tea houses are equipped with comfortable bed, hot water shower and internet access.
Risk & Liabilities
We are committed to providing the best services which will give you a once in a life time journey. We perform our duties honestly & seriously to make your journey very smooth & pleasant. However, the entire programs in Nepal are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of their own policies. Trekking Guide Team adventure Pvt. Ltd shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as govt. restriction, Land slide, road blockage, flood, snow political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident, Any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the clients on the spot
As Nepal is an underdeveloped country, our country’s facility and standard cannot match as per yours. But we will always provide you the best facility and service as per Nepal’s standard.
Required equipment for the trek
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A warm sleeping bag cable of keeping you warm in temperature -15 degree.
- Trekking shoes
- Torch light
- Trekking stick
Since this trek will take you to the high altitude area, the climate during the morning and night will be cold. So you will have to carry warm clothes. The recommended cloths for the trek are:
For Upper body:
- Head scarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- Warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof with breathable fabric jacket
- Down vest
- Jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens, consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched with a very warm polar-fleece mitt liner (seasonal)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of Hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, broken in )
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, low ankle high version
You will have to carry some medicine for headache, fever, handi plast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc. as there might not be medical shops in the middle of the trekking route.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure