Just 22 km east of Mount Everest & situated between Everest and Kanchenjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. Its size alone is impressive, but its structure, that of a perfect pyramid with four sharp ridges, makes this mountain all the more spectacular. It has proved to be not only a beautiful peak, but also challenging and potentially dangerous mountain climb, as only five of its first sixteen attempts were successful. Previously, it had been admired and studied by several Everest parties, but like so many other giants in the Khumbu region, it was not attempted until the summit of Everest had been attained in 1954. it was first climbed by the French in 1955.
Our expedition we’ll trek from Tumlingtar, just above the Arun River to Makalu Base Camp at approximately 5100m. We’ll ascend via the Northwest Ridge establishing 4 high camps on the mountain. Our strong & professional high altitude climbing sherpas will fix ropes as required. Depending on our fitness, we’ll be moving up and down the mountain several times, acclimatizing and stocking the higher camps. This expedition is fully supported with all the base camp & high camp services. The team work is most important factor to scale the summit of Mt. Makalu.
Day 01: Arrival pick up from the International Airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: A free day in Kathmandu for the permit prepairation.
Day 03: Expedition priefing in Ministry of tourism.
Day 04: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar.
Day 05: Tumlingtar to Manybhanjyang (1100m).
Day 06: Manybhanjyang to Chichila (1700m).
Day 07: Chichila to Num (1600m).
Day 08: Num to Seduwa (1560m).
Day 09: Seduwa to Tashi Gaun.
Day 10: Rest day for acclimatization.
Day 11: Tashi Gaun to khongba-La (3760m).
Day 12: Khongba-La to Dobato (3700m).
Day 13: Dobato to Nebe Kharka (4320m).
Day 14: Nebe Kharka to Sherson (4630m).
Day 15: Sherson to Makalu base camp.
Day 16: Makalu base camp to higher camp.
Day 17-49: Climbing Period Mt. Makalu (8463m).
Day 50: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 51: Higher camp to Yak Kharka.
Day 52: Yak Kharka to Mumbuk.
Day 53: Mumbuk.to Tashi Goan.
Day 54: Tashi Goan to Num.
Day 55: Num to Chichira.
Day 56: Chichila to Tumlingtar.
Day 57: Overnight in Tumlingtar.
Day 58: Flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 59: A free day in Kathmandu.
Day 60: Transfer to International Airport for your departure flight.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Royalty permit fee of Makalu Expedition.
- Food for Trekking and Expedition period.
- Base Camp Guide , Cook and helpers.
- Porters and other supporting teams to and from Base camp.
- Kathmandu – Tumlingtar – Kathmandu air fares.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew.
- Insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- Base camp supplies like meals, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table and chairs.
- 6 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with daily breakfast.
- Personal equipment for climbing & trekking.
- Medical kit bag and medical Insurance of expedition/Climbing gears, Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed.
- Walki Takie permit set & Satellite phone permit.
- Oxygen & Mask - regulator.
- Bar Bills & beverage.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure