Kathmandu Valley View Cultural Trek takes you to the most famous trek destinations around the valley. This trek presents you the beautiful culture of Nepal along with the sublime views of the Himalayas. In addition, you get to visit the world heritage sites in the Kathmandu valley. The trek settles at the famous hill station of Nagarkot. Moreover, people from any age group can do the trek.
- The trek goes around the border of Kathmandu valley and to the exciting hiking routes.
- This trip is mixed with trekking through Shivapuri National Park, touring inside the valley, and the views of the snowy peaks.
- Similarly, it is a short and easy trek filled with adventure and beautiful nature.
- In the suburb of Kathmandu valley.
- Panoramic views of wonderful landscapes and snow capped mountains,
- Walking on rural areas, traditional and cultural villages, and friendly locals.
- Awesome scenery of high mountains with sunrise and sunset views.
- Pleasant scenic walk in the comfort of local lodge and mountain resorts.
- Visit of Changunarayan one of the oldest Temple in Nepal.
Overview of the Kathmandu Valley View Cultural Trek
The journey starts with a drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. From here, the trek heads north through the Shivapuri National Park. You trek along the streams and rhododendron forests as you head towards Chisapani. Next morning, you watch the beautiful views of Langtang, Ganesh, and Jugal Himal ranges from Chisapani and trek to Nagarkot where you can enjoy beautiful sunrise and sunset. Here, you view the sunrise over the mountains in Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, and Gauri Shankar ranges. Now, you start your trek towards the Changu Narayan Temple after breakfast. The temple is one of the oldest ones in Nepal and is also one of the UNESCO world heritage sites. Lastly, from Changu Narayan, you’ll drive through Bhaktapur where you can visit the Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Finally, you spend a day in Kathmandu valley and visit the world heritage sites like Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and the three durbar squares.
As the trek is about watching the views, autumn and spring are the best seasons. Also, the trek is short and easy. So, it is perfect for any age group and those with limited time to explore.At Trekking Guide Team, we offer you with all the services for the trek from lodging and dining to guides and porters. We will also manage the necessary passes and permits for the trek.
Trekking Guide Team Adventure arranges 6-days Kathmandu Valley View & Cultural Trekking which offers a finest mountain views, dazzling sunrise views, a visit to one of the holy temples and picturesque local settlements with different unique tradition.
You will need the equipment for this trip:
Normal sleeping bag, Hiking shirt, pant, sunscreen, sun glass, warm jacket, water bottle, Trekking shoes, hat.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Our airport representative from Trekking GuideTeam Adventure will welcome you after you arrive at Kathmandu International Airport. At hotel, you can just relax. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Early in the morning around 8 am, drive to Sundarijal by car/bus/van and hike upto Chisapani (2200m) 5hrs crossing Shivapuri National Park. Overnight at Chisapani (B/L/D)
We will on this day drive to Shivapuri at around 8 am. From Sundarijal, we will hike to Chisapani walking side by side with Shivapuri national Park which protects different wild lives and plants. During a clear day, the set presents the beautiful views of Himalaya peaks including Annapurna range. Passing by bigTamang village named Mulkharka is another appealing part of the tour. Overnight at Chisapani.
Day 03: Wake up early in the morning to see sunrise from Chisapani, from here we can see panoramic view of twenty snow covered mountains. After breakfast will hike to Nagarkot for six hours through straight trail. Overnight at Nagarkot hotel. (B/L/D)
On this day, we will wake up early in the morning to reach at the viewpoint in Chisapani and get rewarded by sunrise views over massive Himalayan range. After spending memorable time in Chisapani, we will hike on a straight trail to reach Nagarkot taking around 6 hours. The stunning views of Langtang, Ganesh, Manaslu, and Annapurna will mesmerize you. Overnight in Nagarkot.
Day 04: Early in the morning see sunrise view and panoramic views of various Mountains including Mount Everest. After breakfast trek down to Chagunarayan and visit old Hindu temple Chagunarayan and drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel. (B/L/D)
This is another important day of the trek as we will wake up early in the morning to witness the stunning sunrise views from the hill point of Nagarkot. Plus, the stunning Himalaya range of Ganesh Himal, Gaurishankar, Langtang, Everest and several other peaks come into sight. Then, we will trek to Hindu temple- Chagunarayan Temple devoted to Lord Vishnu. Chagunarayan is located near the Kathmandu Valley and 22 kilometers from Kathmandu and is listed on a World Heritage Site list by UNESCO. Then, we will drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 05: This day after breakfast we will go for sightseeing, sightseeing covers Monkey temple, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan Durbar Square and back to hotel. Overnight at hotel. (B/D)
We will on this second day have sightseeing in Kathmandu city. You will visit a number of the major spots enlisted World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Especially, you will visit Swayambhunath (Monkey temple) situated on the hill holds Buddha’s eyes on the four sides of the stupa; Boudhanath, one of the largest Buddhist stupa on the earth; Pashupatinath temple, a well-known Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and is situated on the shores of the sacred Bagmati River; and Patan Durbar Square which allures visitors with its antique royal palace where the Malla Kings of Lalitpur once resided. Over night at Kathmandu.
Day 06: Departure to onward destination. Drop by car to the airport. (B)
This is your last day in Nepal. You will leave Nepal with wonderful memories and breathtaking time. Our staff will transfer you to airport for your departure.
- Airport pick up and drop by car or by van. (depend on Group size)
- 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu three star category hotel with Bed & Breakfast, twin sharing basis. (Nivas Boutique Home or similar category)
- 1 night accommodation in Nagarkot. (Hotel View point, twin sharing basis)
- 1 night accommodation Chisapani. (run by Nepalease family tea houses, outside toilet)
- 2nights/3days Kathmandu Valley Trekking.
- Transportation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, accommodation during the trekking as per itinerary.
- One english speaking trekking guide.
- 1 day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with guide by car.
- Typical Nepali cultural dinner.
- All Bar Bills, mineral water, coca cola.
- Nepal visa fee which is you will pay in open arrival in Kathmandu airport. Per person $30 USD.
- Personal Expenses.
- International flight ticket.
- Your lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Shivapuri National Park Permit. (10 USD per person)
- Changunarayan Royalty fee Nrs. 339 per person.
- Nepal travel insurance.
- Equipment: Sleeping bag, hiking shoes, personal towel, torch light, hiking shirt-pant, some warm clothes, sun glass, sunscreen, socks, some medicine for headache, fever, handiplast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, (You can hire or buy sleeping bag easily in Kathmandu)
- All entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley NRS2600 per person
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tour and Hiking
3-4 Star Hotel in Kathmandu
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure