Mohare Danda trek is situated in Myagdi District between two beautiful mountains like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. Mohare danda trek falls under the beaten trekking area of Annapurna Region which is the hill station of the entire Annapurna Region.
A Mohare Danda Trek in Annapurna region is an alternative route of Ghorepani which offers you with the beautiful and humble villagers of the Magar community. It is one of the most peaceful and beautiful treks in Nepal for the trekkers who don’t want a crowd in trekking.
Trekking trail to the Mohare Danda is new to most of the people which is a hilltop station of Annapurna Region. It lies 200-300 meters above the popular trekking trial Poonhill. A virgin trek in the true sense of the world, the route takes you from thick forest to steep ridge trails and high pastures.
Visitors can choose whether they want to start the trek from Benior or Nayapul which is located in the beautiful city of Nepal Pokhara. The route from Beni is more peaceful compared to others, with very few visitors and can get an opportunity for homestay accommodation.
The route from Nayapul follows the commercial route up to Ghorepani Poonhill and then disconnects from it and connects to a trail that takes you directly to Mohare. It makes no difference in the number of days in trekking choosing any route.
The trek takes no longer than twelve days. During the trekking, you will be served with the wonderful culture, nature, friendly people and stunning view of one of the longest chain of mountains.
Overview of the 11 Days Annapurna Mohare Danda Trek
The Annapurna Mohare Danda Trek starts from Pokhara with a short drive from Kathmandu. The trek includes places like Galeshwor, Bans Kharka, Naangi, Deaurali, Ghandruk village, Nayapul and so forth.
While on the trek you will be overwhelmed with the warm welcome of culturally rich Magar and Gurung communities and their distinct lifestyle. You will also get the opportunity to get drive from the Kali Gandaki river which is one of the popular rivers in Nepal.
Likewise, the place has a good facility for electricity and the internet as the place is the birthplace of popular figure Mahabir Pun who is one of the great IT person and the first person in Nepal to introduce wireless technologies in the remote areas. You will get the chance to communicate with your loved ones throughout the trek.
The major attraction for Mohare Danda Trek for trekker is that the treks introduce you to the Ecolodge community base trek in a beautiful Annapurna Region. You get a chance to see the closure panoramic view of stunning mountain Dhaulagiri and Annapurna.
You also get a chance to explore the unexplored village of the Magar community and enjoy their culture and tradition which falls under the typical community in Nepal. You get the chance to enjoy the wonderful view of Kali Gandaki and Trishuli River during the drive.
During your trek, in each village, you can visit the local projects and buy some of the local products. The benefits of your visit will reach the whole community and will not go to one individual person except in some places.
Mohare hill (Danda) at an altitude of 3300 meters is the main attraction of this Eco community trek trail. It offers splendid views of the highest mountain ranges like Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan ranges. Visitors can see one of the best sunrise and sunset view from Mohare viewpoint.
There are many options of itineraries for this trek but our below-given eco-community trek itinerary just Mohare hill (Danda) climb and trek end at Tiplyang then catch overland transportation to Pokhara.
Hence, the trek gives an opportunity to trekkers to enjoy the panorama view, greater peace, nature, rural village as well as seems like natural and cultural trek and higher achievement, pleasure.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport.
After your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu, you will be warmly greeted by our office representative and transferred to the hotel by tourist bus or car according to your preference.
Day 02: Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley. (Swayambhunath and Boudhanath, Pashupatinath Temple & Patan durbar square and overnight at Kathmandu) (B)
We will have a sightseeing trip to some of the significant spots enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You will visit places like Swayambhunath (Monkey temple) lying on the hill holds Buddha’s eyes on the four sides of the stupa.
Pashupatinath temple, a well-known Hindu temple devoted to Lord Shiva. It is located on the coast of the sacred Bagmati River. Boudhanath, another largest Buddhist stupa on the earth.
Patan Durbar Square which allures visitors with its antique royal palace where the Malla Kings of Lalitpur once resided. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara. (B)
After having breakfast in the hotel you will be taken to the bus or car to the Pokhara which takes nearly 6-7 hours. On the way to Pokhara via Prithivi highway offers you the beautiful science.
We also do offer you the flight to Pokhara which nearly takes 30-35 minutes from Kathmandu. And stay overnight in the city of lights Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhara drive to Galeshwor. (B/L/D)
After breakfast in the hotel we drive toward Galeshwor which roughly takes you 3-4 hours by local bus and then have a lunch, take rest. In the evening time you get a chance to visit the village.
Day 05: Trek to Nagi.
After having breakfast, you will trek for 5-6 hours and reach to Nagi (2230m) from Bans Kharak which goes along beautiful villages, stunning views of mountains and impressive landscapes. We also visit organic farm school and Magar settlement on this day. Stay night at eco community lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Mohare Danda. (B/L/D)
On the process of extending the trek, you finally reach the destination on sith day. Here you get a chance to explore Mohare Danda which is at 3300m after walking for 6-7 hours.
The trekking trail goes through beautiful forests of Oak and Rhododendrons with magnificent views of mountains. You will see mountains such as Mt. Fishtail, south Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Tukche and many more. In the evening, we observe a glorious sunset view from Mohare hill station.
Day 07: Short trek to Danda Kharka. (B/L/D)
Returning from the Mohare Danda you get a chance to explore Danda Karka which is at height of 2800m where you reach after walking for 4-5 hours and stay Overnight at Community Lodge/Homestay.
Day 08: Trek to Tikot. (B/L/D)
After having breakfast at community lodge/homestay, we will head towards tikot. It is at height 2300m where you reach after walking for 6-7 hours. And you spent Overnight at Community Lodge / Homestay.
Day 09: Trek to Tikot to Tiplyang. (B/L/D)
After having breakfast at the community lodge/hotel you then will drive to Pokhara which is popularly known as the city of lights and also has a beautiful place to explore and spent overnight at the Hotel.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu. (B)
After having breakfast you will travel at bus and reach Kathmandu which takes 6-7 hours by tourist bus or you also can demand flight if you wish to which takes you 30-35 minutes from Pokhara. Get a chance to spend last night at Pokhara.
Day 11: Departure from Kathmandu.
After breakfast and our last day in Kathmandu, our vehicle will be on standby to drop you to the international airport.
Finally, meeting you has been a great honor and we pray for your Safe journey home and will reflect on the wonderful times we spent together. We hope to see you again on the next amazing tour.
- Hotel in Pokhara tourist standard hotel bed & breakfast 2 nights. (Bodhi Suites or similar category twin sharing basis)
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3 Nights Tourist Standard Hotel. (Nivas Boutique or similar category)
- Your daily breakfast, lunch, dinner- during the Trek as per itinerary
- One experience english speaking trekking guide & one porter for each two tourist. If you are only 1, it is not including porter in our package it is additional cost you have to pay extra
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Pokhara to trek start point Galeshwor and trek end point to Pokhara by Local bus.
- Annapurna Conservation Permit.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System. (TIMS)
- Insurance for Guide & Porters.
- All accommodation during the Trek Available Lodge /Tea Houses or community lodge. (run by Nepali families)
- Airport - Hotel - Airport transfer.
- Our service charge.
- Farewell Dinner typical Nepali cultural dance program.
- Nepal visa which is open arrival in Kathmandu per person $30 USD
- Personal Equipment for Trekking: sleeping bag, down jacket, trekking shoes, gloves, sunscreen, sun glass, hat. trekking stick, some pair socks, hiking shirt , hiking pant.
- Personal Insurance for travel to Nepal covers helicopter rescue, accidents
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara per item $3-7 USD choose from menu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Tipping (Tips) For Guide & Porter according to your main interest.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drinks. (Tea, coffee, mineral water, hot water).
- Sweet things like chocolate and desert.
- Hot shower and laundry during the trekking $2 USD.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing entrance fee $26 USD per person.
- Personal expenses, personal hygiene.
- Laundry, internet call, phone.
- All that are not mentioned in cost include.
- WIFI, internet, phone calls, battery charging.
Required equipment for the trek
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A warm sleeping bag cable of keeping you warm in temperature -15 degree.
- Trekking shoes
- Torch light
- Trekking stick
Since this trek will take you to the high altitude area, the climate during the morning and night will be cold. So you will have to carry warm clothes. The recommended cloths for the trek are:
For Upper body:
- Head scarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- Warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof with breathable fabric jacket
- Down vest
- Jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens, consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched with a very warm polar-fleece mitt liner (seasonal)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of Hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, broken in )
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, low ankle high version
You will have to carry some medicine for headache, fever, handi plast, bandage, pain killer, stomach ache, diarrhea, dimox etc. as there might not be medical shops in the middle of the trekking route.
All Inclusive Tax
Number of Travellers
Total $ USDCheck Availability
Tea House accommodation in Mountain and 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Talk to an expert
Among the dedicated professionals of the Trekking Guide Team Adventure, Mr. Kabi Raj Nepal is one of the team members who have spent more than 10 years in this field and been together with Trekking Guide Team Adventure